Talk

Advanced search

To think they could have at least let me know?

(15 Posts)
MrsSnape Fri 12-Sep-08 16:52:06

So I went for a job interview yesterday. Probably messed it up big style, assumed straight away that I'd blown it but was told I would know either way with a phone call "tomorow afternoon" (this was yesterday)

So I've been wandering around the house all bloody day trying to keep busy and they've not phoned at all. Ok so I didn't get the job but they could have at least let me know for sure, surely?

I know its the nhs and they're busy and need to save money etc etc but a 20 second phone call that's free to make anyway??

sad

Tortington Fri 12-Sep-08 16:53:05

no they dont let you know

MrsSnape Fri 12-Sep-08 16:56:35

but she said they would, if they'd said "if you don't get it, you won't hear from us" it would be different but she actually said "either way, we'll phone you tomorow afternoon to tell you if you have been successful or not"

I'm starting to think I'm never going to get a job.

freshprincess Fri 12-Sep-08 16:56:41

Could be that they have offered the job to someone and they are waiting for them to accept before turning everyone else down.

Majeika Fri 12-Sep-08 16:57:03

Tis damn rude but they do not always let you know.

Fine if you apply for the job and you dont hear, but when you go to the trouble of going to the interview, sorting childcare or getting a day off work (as DH did!) then the least they could do is phone.

(And DHs job was at Chelsea FC so not as tho they couldnt afford the phone call!)

tissy Fri 12-Sep-08 16:57:36

ring them and ask

Majeika Fri 12-Sep-08 16:57:38

What sort of thing are you looking for MrsS?

freshprincess Fri 12-Sep-08 16:58:19

(Sorry - just realised last post is a bit negative!!)

As well as that, could be that they haven't made a decision yet.

jvs Fri 12-Sep-08 16:58:41

I think hat they should let you know but also agree with freshprincess.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 12-Sep-08 17:00:28

I went for a job interview, made a mess of it and didn't really want the job by then anyway. (It was one of those where you send in your application and they get back to you two months later, after you've assumed you weren't short-listed and have thrown out the job specification. blush)

They said they'd let me know.

Eight years later, I still haven't heard from the Archdiocese. angry

But as the start-date has passed, I think I'm safe in assuming I didn't get the job. grin

MrsSnape Fri 12-Sep-08 17:03:25

Any admin work Majeika.

OldLady...thats the thing, if I don't hear today (unlikely now since they finish at 5pm) I'm going to be sat wondering for the next few days...like there's always that glimmer of hope tantalising me. If they'd just let me know at least I could move on.

2beornot2be Fri 12-Sep-08 17:06:22

Its rude they didnt let you know

Are you living in the london area by any chance

Stinkyfeet Fri 12-Sep-08 17:09:17

They may not have decided yet. One of the decision makers may have been off sick today, or had to attend an unexpected meeting or something. I know it's frustrating when they've given you a timescale then don't keep to it, but hopefully you'll hear from them early next week.

Good luck smile

PheasantPlucker Fri 12-Sep-08 17:12:31

LOL oldladyknowsnothing!

Majeika Fri 12-Sep-08 17:13:49

Ring them and put yourself out of your misery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now