Talk

Advanced search

To put this under the windscreen wiper of cars parked where they should not near school!

(189 Posts)
Jaynerae Fri 12-Sep-08 15:20:22

Infant school is at the top of a tiny road only four houses long. It comes of a road that is residential and very long becasue it is circular. The school has for years been sending out notes asking people dropping children off not to park in the tiny road. The school has an agreement with the pub at the top of the road that parents can park in their car park and walk down to school.

There is a problem - school has provided solution.

So why do some parents think that they have the right to put my child and every one else at risk becasue they couldn't be bothered to leave early enough to walk the five minutes rom the pub car park.

If cars are parked in this tiny road - fire engines and emergency services can not reach the school.

I have watched this go on for years - and today witnessed four cars in theis tiny road - two parked opposite each other and even the other two could not then get out! So no way would an emergency vehicle get through.

I think the message needs to driven home hard hitting - than polite but firm messages from school.

Would IBU to put the following print out, that I have made up on any offending cards?

I wish Head teavcher would send it to parents but I bet she wouldn't in case children saw it.
I’m sorry Mummy.

Sorry that they didn’t care enough about me to take note of the warnings.
Sorry that they didn’t care enough about their own children to listen.
Sorry that they didn’t think that there would ever be a real danger.

I’m sorry Mummy

That you can’t hear me talk to you anymore
That you can’t feel my arms wrapped around you anymore
That you can’t feel my wet kiss on your cheeks

Why Mummy?

Didn’t they listen?
Didn’t they read?
Didn’t they care?

They Tried Mummy.

The firemen tried to get us out Mummy
They heard us screaming Mummy
They heard us calling for you Mummy

But they couldn’t

They couldn’t reach us Mummy
They couldn’t help us Mummy
They wanted to so badly Mummy

Do you know why they couldn’t Mummy

Because there were people who parked where they shouldn’t have Mummy
The fire engine couldn’t get passed Mummy
The cars were in the way Mummy

We died Mummy.

Carmenere Fri 12-Sep-08 15:21:29

O FGS hmm get a life.

hanaflower Fri 12-Sep-08 15:22:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleMyDancing Fri 12-Sep-08 15:23:24

you don't think that's a little bit over the top and emotional?

people will just switch off and throw it away, imo. it's too much.

MamaG Fri 12-Sep-08 15:25:02

TBH I'd chuck it away without reading it

misdee Fri 12-Sep-08 15:25:56

ack!

Reginaphilangy Fri 12-Sep-08 15:26:26

I live opposite a school and i agree that its very annoying and dangerous the way some parents park, but i think that yes, YABU and going a bit too far ...

Don't forget, there are new starters and therefore new parents - a reminder from school maybe all it takes.

Call the school, tell them the problem and ask them to deal with it.
Failing that, phone the community police and ask them to send someone down to parole for a while. That'll probably do the trick.

Miaou Fri 12-Sep-08 15:26:33

YABU. People will switch off before they're three lines in, assume you are a loon and continue to park in the tiny road. Leave it to the HT to deal with it.

PinkPussyCat Fri 12-Sep-08 15:26:56

shock

hmm

fryalot Fri 12-Sep-08 15:27:09

fire engines couldn't get past not passed.

(and what everyone else said...)

Rubyrubyruby Fri 12-Sep-08 15:27:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Fri 12-Sep-08 15:27:40

I wouldn't even read that to the end to be honest. If you go round putting notes on cars you will probably start WW3 and get an earful. Just tell the Head it needs another reminder, or alert the parking authorities if you can be arsed - I'm sure a sixty quid ticket for obstruction would be more effective than the poem.

fryalot Fri 12-Sep-08 15:30:09

and, incidentally, as a slight aside... how do you actually know that these cars belong to people dropping their kids off at the school?

Someone once stuck a note on my car telling me that I shouldn't have been parked where I was because local residents were finding it difficult to park outside their houses due to parents from the school parking there.

My car was parked outside my house.

I was very angry that nobody had bothered to check before getting stroppy on my behalf as a local resident

suzywong Fri 12-Sep-08 15:30:53

are you mental?

just key all the cars parked there next time

they won't do it again

forevercleaning Fri 12-Sep-08 15:31:52

pmsl suzywong - are you mental? grin

fryalot Fri 12-Sep-08 15:32:22

<<<splutters>>> @ suzywong grin

anniemac Fri 12-Sep-08 15:33:11

Message withdrawn

StayFrosty Fri 12-Sep-08 15:34:30

Say what you feel suzywong, don't hold back.

2beornot2be Fri 12-Sep-08 15:34:34

Very OTT and yes how do u know they are not parked there visiting the house as long as there is no parking restrictions there is not much you can do.

I live on a horrible road which is packed with cars in the morning due to a school being on the same road and for some reason its permit only between 10.30 till 11.30 very random times since no one seems to be there at that time

anniemac Fri 12-Sep-08 15:35:47

Message withdrawn

RedLollyYellowLolly Fri 12-Sep-08 15:36:27

By Squonk on Fri 12-Sep-08 15:27:09
fire engines couldn't get past not passed.

Squonk, please remember that the "poem" is being written by a child. A dead child. Don't you think that under those circumstances that picking on the spelling is a bit harsh hmm

southeastastra Fri 12-Sep-08 15:36:30

did you write it yourself?

2beornot2be Fri 12-Sep-08 15:37:15

I just re read the poem and feel slightly sick this is a weird post I would of agreed with OP about some of it as it can be annoying on the school run but the poem and all the added extras are way to extreme

LittleMyDancing Fri 12-Sep-08 15:37:22

2beornot2be, maybe the reason they're not there at that time is because of the permit? Maybe with no permit your road would be like the M25 between 10.30 and 11.30am? grin

You have my sympathy, my road has a primary school and a nursery on it, and is two way but only really has room for two cars to pass if one mounts the pavement....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In the mornings it is choked with people driving little Eustace to nursery/school, I feel like kicking their cars as I walk past.

MascaraOHara Fri 12-Sep-08 15:37:41

PMSL @ Suzy Wong.

Take note JayneRae, 1 succinct to the point line is muc more effective than lines and lines of drivel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now