Talk

Advanced search

To hate my bloody useless Dyson stick?

(15 Posts)
nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 20:13:20

Why do people rave about these things? It's heavy and awkward, the cylinder is a pain to empty (pulling all that stuff out and into the bin is just so pleasant...)

And now it has eaten dh's mobile charger! Eaten it up and bitten right through the cable! Stupid thing.

I really hate it #@$!!!!!

I wish you could buy Henry's in the US (where I am currently living) 11 years of great service and no eating of electronics...

MargeSimpsonMyAlterEgo Thu 11-Sep-08 20:16:09

oh please. If you don't like it, change it. It's a thing, not a human, therefore cannot be stupid.

And there is no apostrophe in Henrys. YABU

nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 20:22:22

It cost $380 a couple of months ago so I can't bloody change it! I think the design is stupid and I really can't understand why everyone raves about them.

Too pissed off to care about apostrophes...

pushchair Thu 11-Sep-08 20:22:27

Yanbu, Dyson is overpriced rubbish in my opinion. Mine lasted 2 years, the last 6 months it was crap. For hundreds of pounds I expect a lot more.
Hennries
Hennrees
Henry's
Actually my latest is a Miele

Megglevache Thu 11-Sep-08 20:25:54

They are so shit Dh has bought two in the past. I have given them away. Mieles are brilliant, my mum has had one for 15 years. I have a plain bog standard Henry, it is brill.

nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 20:26:58

Meiles are OK too. My mum has one. Not as good as my Henry of course...

It's partly that I said to my husband (who was going to the store) that he should not *under any circumstances* buy an upright. I've used one before and I think they are really rubbish (heavy, awkward, rubbish at stairs, and can't cope with light carpets or going under the beds). And he bought this stick Dyson.

Which I really really HATE!!!!!

Just had to get it out of my system as he has got annoyed with me moaning about it (well stomping really I guess grin)

DrNortherner Thu 11-Sep-08 20:27:28

I heart my dyson. I've had it 10 years and it has never lost suction.

nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 20:27:41

Thanks Meggle and pushchair. It makes me feel better to know I am not alone grin

DesperateTooDyson Thu 11-Sep-08 20:37:22

Nooka, what is a dyson stick?

nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 20:59:10

I think it's a lightweight Dyson upright. It looks liek this one:
www.amazon.com/Remanufactured-Dyson-Full-Kit-Upright-Bagless/dp/B000B649VO/?tag=trusted3-20&m=ATVPDK IKX0DER

DesperateTooDyson Thu 11-Sep-08 21:13:39

I had one a bit like that. I did find it quite heavy and it didn't last long but I am talking more than 7 years ago now!

I like my dyson allergy so far thoughgrin

Are you in the States? Apparently, americans like noisier machines than us brits so dyson have to change them to sell over there. They didn't mention that they had to be able to chew things though wink

nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 21:23:50

It is very noisy that's true. Especially when it is eating things...

DesperateTooDyson Thu 11-Sep-08 21:33:22

I hope it doesn't get hungry again . Make sure the dcs aren't in the way next time grin

Although my ds is always keen for me to suck some of his toys up just to see what happenshmm

nooka Thu 11-Sep-08 21:38:52

I think I'll leave the vacuuming to dh. He bought the bloody thing!

DesperateTooDyson Thu 11-Sep-08 21:48:49

Good idea grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now