Talk

Advanced search

I probably am being unreasonable but I've just seen red and want to vent

(16 Posts)
MrsSnape Thu 11-Sep-08 18:31:28

My EX was a complete lazy bastard. He would go to sleep around 11pm and SNORE all night keeping me awake...I would punch and kick him and he still wouldn't wake up. 8am Sunday morning I get up after considering that a lie-in. HE stays asleep, doesn't even notice.

by 9am I have had a shower and eaten breakfast. HE is still snoring his stupid lazy arse head off.

10am I get annoyed, go upstairs and tell him to get up (bare in mind he didn't live here, he was infesting MY bed with his sweat and lazy germs). He grunts and asks what time it is, I add an extra half hour on and tell him its 10:30am...he replies "is that all?" and goes back to sleep [steam coming out of ears smiley]

11am I go back and shout "get up, its nearly lunch time!". He croaks "ok ok ok...can you make me a cup of tea?"

So in early stages of relationship I did this to get him up, make the drink, put it on the bedside table and shout "get up then, tea is there!" and storm off downstairs.

11.45am....go back upstairs, tea is stone cold, he is snoring his ffing head off angryangry

But this wasn't just Sundays, it was ANY day.

Anyway on a forum we both used to use I've just seen a post from him and it litrally made my blood boil... someone posted that they have just purchased a "wake-up light" and ex replied:

"I'm a ridiculously heavy sleeper, the I have to set a couple of iphone alarms just to rouse me and I can guarantee to hit the snooze button a good half-dozen times before I get up..."

is he ffing proud of it or what???? god it makes me so angry!!

Irrational hatred or am I being perfectly reasonable? grin

LoveMyGirls Thu 11-Sep-08 18:33:26

Just be thankful you don't have to put up with him anymore grin

NotQuiteCockney Thu 11-Sep-08 18:34:43

If he's snoring that much, and sleeping that much, maybe he has sleep apnea? Snoring and sleeping deeply aren't really things people do on purpose, you know.

It sounds like you're still pretty angry at him.

MrsSnape Thu 11-Sep-08 18:34:59

LOL I keep trying to look on that (very) brightside but its like a complusive thought that keeps entering my head. The scene of his dopey face snoring away...it actually makes me want to kill someone!

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 18:35:06

I don't think he's proud of it. I think he just has no idea how it affects anyone else. Sounds like sleep apnea by the way if he snores and needs this much sleep. wink

CarGirl Thu 11-Sep-08 18:35:46

it sounds like he suffers from sleep apnea tbh which can have quite serious consequences

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 18:35:51

Cross post. I can't type fast enough!

Geepers Thu 11-Sep-08 18:35:59

Irrational. He is an ex.

MrsSnape Thu 11-Sep-08 18:36:03

No he snores that much because he's a greedy bastard that liked to stuff his gut with vast ammounts of crap which then made him overweight.

MrsSnape Thu 11-Sep-08 18:37:07

I suppose I'm more angry at myself for wasting so much of my time with such a prat.

CarGirl Thu 11-Sep-08 18:38:00

yes it could well be his weight causing the sleep apnea but it is still sleep apnea.

Geepers Thu 11-Sep-08 18:38:15

Almost everyone has a twattish ex. If we all got as angry as you with them the world would combust ;)

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 18:38:25

Being overweight is a cause of sleep apnea. The weight crushes the windpipe so they snore and have episodes where they stop breathing, which wakes them up briefly which causes excessive sleeping.

MrsSnape Thu 11-Sep-08 18:40:34

lol geepers I suppose so blush He's just one of those people that makes my blood boil just thinking about him. I'm not like that with all my ex's grin

avenanap Thu 11-Sep-08 18:47:40

It's alright. I'm sure alot of us have one of these. smile

MarlaSinger Thu 11-Sep-08 18:54:42

You are well rid - would drive me up the wall!

So, YANBU wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now