Talk

Advanced search

to get annoyed by friends DD screeching and being so loud all the time?

(5 Posts)
Philosophy Thu 11-Sep-08 16:05:44

My friend's daughter is so LOUD I find it hard to hide my annoyance with her.

On the way home from school she plays with other kids but screams really loudly, shouts at the top of her voice and barges past us knocking our bags flying etc. I know its not done aggressively and its all part of their 'game' but she's the only one that has to be so loud and clumsy about it.

Last week she ran full force into my friend (her mum) and nearly knocked her over.

When she runs past me squealing I actually feel myself rolling my eyes at her blush

They're 8 by the way.

ilovetochat Thu 11-Sep-08 16:10:12

my niece is 8 and a real pita, to me she seems too old to still be charging round bumping into things and dropping pop/crisps everywhere, i'm sure my dd will be perfect at that age wink

Ellbell Thu 11-Sep-08 16:14:29

OMG Philosophy, are you my friend?

My dd1(8) is very loud, very clumsy, very giddy. Am trying to teach her to tone it down a bit, but it's just the way she is. Dd2 is not like it (quiet, well-behaved, self-contained) so it's not my bad parenting (unless I'd just learned how to do it by the time I got to dd2).

YABU, sorry.

thornrose Thu 11-Sep-08 16:19:02

God, you'd roll your eyes at my 8 yo daughter then!

Charlee Thu 11-Sep-08 16:26:38

Philosophy you probably are being unreasonable but im not going to have a go because i feel exactly the same about my own niece and she is only 4! She is treated like a little princess and is very spoilt she to does the high pitched screech that makes my ear drums explode. You can't help it sometimes to get annoyed by other peoples kids i expect loads of people get annoyed by my ds's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now