Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD just got so scared in Asda she wet herself (angryangryangryangryangry)

(124 Posts)
sherby Thu 11-Sep-08 13:16:30

Firstly tell me if you think I am being unreasonable and then help me write a complaint letter, I am so frigging incensed I can't think straight

Went to Asda to get a globe (on special if you want one) and they have all the Halloween stuff out. DD is 3 and seems to be quite sensitive atm so I avoided going near it all and went to go get some milk

Walked around the corner and straight into a 6ft odd animated monster/vampire thing that they had nowhere near the Halloween stuff just randomly at the end of the milk aisle hmm. I am not exaggerating when I say this thing looked so bloody real and its eyes were flicking back and forward it was horrible. DD screamed and I mean bloody screamed, I picked her up and she wet herself sad, she has been dry for over well over 9mths odd.

An employee came over and said 'so sorry that is the second child in 10 mins to scream at that thing'. DD was clinging on to me and asking if it could walk and it was going to get her. So I went to try to get out of the store and she was so upset, saying she could hear it coming.

All day she has been asking me over and over where it is is it still in the shop can it drive a car, can it walk

So AIBU to think that given that most of their customers in the daytime have preschool children that they should have thought slightly about scaring the frigging wits out of them.

I did complain to the cs people but DD was screaming so much we had to leave. They just said oh yeah we'll tell the manager hmm

TheSmallClanger Thu 11-Sep-08 13:18:55

It sounds like they've already clocked the problem, and that the monster might move.

I'm not sure how I'd word a complaint letter without it sounding PFBish - it's one of those instances where a casual chat with the manager would probably be better.

WilfSell Thu 11-Sep-08 13:19:02

YANBU at all

Write to them or ring later on.

summerdressesandlacyboots Thu 11-Sep-08 13:19:24

shock
Ring and speak to him now if you can.It would be awful if they didnt pass it on. Poor little thing that's awful sad

MissisBoot Thu 11-Sep-08 13:19:31

They've got this one in our local one and dd was a little bit worried about it - call them up and speak to the manager especially as it was out of 'section' so you couldn't make a choice about seeing it.

Bit of an error on their part I think.

Jennyusedtobepink Thu 11-Sep-08 13:20:25

YANBU - poor dd. Is she OK now?

Oliveoil Thu 11-Sep-08 13:20:26

dd1 did this yesterday with a bowl with a hand that moved

scared to bloody death

this was however small and on a shelf, but still

YANBU

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 11-Sep-08 13:20:47

Poor love.

They should have moved it after the first child cried.

Twims Thu 11-Sep-08 13:20:55

Would call them back and ask to speak to the manager - you were a responsible parent keeping her away from the halloween stuff yet they put this monster somewhere unspecified which resulted in at least two children being extremely upset.

When speaking to the manager I would ask for it to be moved and possibly follow up this request in writing CC to head office.

Hope DD is ok?

sweetkitty Thu 11-Sep-08 13:21:29

I know the one you mean, it "got" me yesterday, would be very scary if you just walked into it, your poor DD.

I think they will probably move it soon then.

AbbeyA Thu 11-Sep-08 13:21:50

YANBU. I would write to the manager and send a copy to the Head Office.

Janos Thu 11-Sep-08 13:22:00

No YANBU at all. I can remember being utterly terrified by things like that when I was little - your poor DD.

Definitely complain.

MrsTittleMouse Thu 11-Sep-08 13:22:03

Your poor daughter.
I would complain and suggest that they move it - the biggest problem was that it wasn't in the section and so you didn't have the choice to avoid it.

RubyRioja Thu 11-Sep-08 13:22:14

NOt unreasonable at all.

fwiw, I might go back with DD today if poss, and take her to see it, maybe ask if they could switch it off, so she can see it is just a 'toy', showing her it cannot walk/drive etc and maybe head off some problems tonight.

Alternatively, you could make a no monsters allowed sign for your door.

Oliveoil Thu 11-Sep-08 13:22:46

I was in the Trafford Centre last weekend and they had a man dressed up as a mosquito

a child in a buggy screamed at him as well when he loomed up

some people do not have any sense

shinyshoes Thu 11-Sep-08 13:23:02

bloody hell sad

How awful, Why at the end of the milk aisle, surely the thing should have been with the halloween stuff so those with a nervous disposition had the option of seeing it or not.

I'm no good with complaint letters so I can't help there, I'm good at shouting down the phone at them though when they are talking bollox (long story)

Hope LO is o.k.now though

ring this number not the one on their site that one is a non uk based call centre.

Customer Services,
ASDA House,
Southbank,
Great Wilson Street,
Leeds,
LS11 5AD

Telephone: 0500 100055

Janos Thu 11-Sep-08 13:23:17

Actually I still hate those things now and I'm 34!

Good suggestion from TWIMS.

AbbeyA Thu 11-Sep-08 13:23:24

I would also tell them that the start of September is far too early to be putting out Halloween stuff!!
(I hate Halloween!)

sherby Thu 11-Sep-08 13:24:06

i've told her its just pretend and that the shop is going to take the batteries out and then it won't work anymore, but she keeps asking if it can drive sad

I don't its a good idea to call as I will probably just do unitelligable rant

I know they have to put Halloween stuff out, but surely they can keep it all together in one aisle.

mehgalegs Thu 11-Sep-08 13:24:52

YANBU - poor littl DD. I hate Hallowe'en.

When DS1 was small it was impossible to take him around town this time of year. He was terrified of all the rubber masks, especillay that scream one. They seemed to be in every shop and window. He would absolutely freak out.

sherby Thu 11-Sep-08 13:25:32

it was horrible she kept looking over my shoulder shouting mummy I can hear it stomping

CostaRicanCod Thu 11-Sep-08 13:26:17

tney said htey will tell the manage
thats enough imo

Janos Thu 11-Sep-08 13:27:04

How is your DD now sherby? Hope she is ok.

Not surprised you are so angry.

Write a letter of complaint when you are feeling calmer.

OrmIrian Thu 11-Sep-08 13:29:17

Asda always go totally OTT with Halloween. Maybe it's the Walmart connection. Can't stand it all. Expensive plastic tat.

tigger32 Thu 11-Sep-08 13:31:13

I saw this "man" in my local asda last night, and I have to say it made me jump when his head moved!
YANBU
Your poor dd, I would ring and speak to the manager, the thing should not have been position where it was, all Halloween stuff should be together so that it can avoided if needs be.

Hope dd feels better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now