Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect the teenage boy over the road and his mates to not play football outside my window....

(10 Posts)
Dibsie Wed 10-Sep-08 19:54:15

...at this time of night when there is a large grass area three houses down? Trying to get my son to sleep is bad enough without him wanting to watch their game through the window!

compo Wed 10-Sep-08 19:55:10

It's dark here so presumably they'll go in soon?

SqueakyPop Wed 10-Sep-08 19:55:22

If it's a public street, then yabu

handlemecarefully Wed 10-Sep-08 19:56:54

Well at least they are not mugging old ladies...

How about going outside and as pleasantly and none confrontationally as possible, smile sweetly at them and explain the situation - suggesting that they might move...? Often teens can be quite civilised when approached in the right way

bobsyouruncle Wed 10-Sep-08 19:57:51

it's bloody annoying though. You could ask them if they'd mind moving and explain why, worth a try.

bobsyouruncle Wed 10-Sep-08 19:58:44

x posts handleme smile

JuneBugJen Wed 10-Sep-08 20:01:02

Had this.

There was a huge amount of grass, parks etc but about 15 kids played right under our (and other peoples windows). It was so noisy.

Went out, made friends with them, explained and showed them dd so they understood who they were affecting. They were quite sweet about it and understood.

Dont shout and rave, as some has said, its a public place so they, in theory have the upper hand. Remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

Shoegazer Wed 10-Sep-08 20:03:05

YABalittleU, teenage boys are not likely to consider that ytou are putting a little on to bed and as others have said it is a public street. I think that JuneBugJen's approach sounds best.

Dibsie Wed 10-Sep-08 20:04:21

His dad's out there now and it's all gone quiet Now I just need to settle my little boy down again!

deepinlaundry Wed 10-Sep-08 20:18:29

I didn't understand boys and football until ds was about 9. It is something some boys just have to do. Treat them with respect and you will probably get somewhere, apparently there are designated 'play' streets in some areas now. I do appreciate your problem, but think it is so sad that older children are treated like nuisances when they are playing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now