Talk

Advanced search

to eat chilli every morning for breakfast?

(14 Posts)
SmugColditz Wed 10-Sep-08 18:21:36

I just cleared up a plate of chilli chicken, and then happened to glance in the mirror.

I look 5 years younger, I swear.

I have a real glow to may face, my eyes look bright, and I just look better.

So chilli for breakfast, I think.

LapinOnTheEventHorizon Wed 10-Sep-08 18:22:29

Coo, I just fancy a bowl of chilli now <tummy rumbles>

Califrau Wed 10-Sep-08 18:23:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hanaflower Wed 10-Sep-08 18:24:56

LapinOnTheEventHorizon Wed 10-Sep-08 18:25:18

<stockpiles chilli>

I like chilli chocolate; oh and chilli crackers with blue cheese, yuuuummmmm

SmugColditz Wed 10-Sep-08 18:29:08

(Cali, you were in college. Everyone was youthful and dewyeyed/....)

Califrau Wed 10-Sep-08 18:49:53

SmugColditz Wed 10-Sep-08 18:53:54

The effect appears to have faded anyway, so clearly I need to carry chilli seeds in my pocket, to be 'popped' as needed.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 10-Sep-08 18:55:34

In Bolivia I had scrambled eggs with chillis and chilli pickled veg for breakfast, it certainly made me feel invigorated!

Acinonyx Wed 10-Sep-08 19:47:33

Curried omlette is a great breakfast. Or mexican eggs, as dh makes. Or toast with marmite and chilli. Scambled eggs with chilli. Pancakes or French toast with hot mustard. It's all good. I'm a chilli- fiend.

Not sure it's keeping me young though.

merryberry Wed 10-Sep-08 19:56:00

there's a lebanese shop near me sells 'anatolian breakfast spread' - red chilli and walnut pate for spreading on toasts. tis an outstandingly lovely start to the day, honest.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 10-Sep-08 19:57:51

Curry for breakfast is great <drool>

castlesintheair Wed 10-Sep-08 20:02:05

The reason the Thais are so beautiful is the amount of chilli they eat I am sure. The downside is you end up not being able to "taste" anything unless it is drenched in chilli. I realised this when I was waiting for a boat in Indonesia and found myself chomping my way through a bag of extremely fiery red chillis. I decided I had to cut back after that.

3andnomore Wed 10-Sep-08 20:13:32

lol at this thread

[psst...you can get great huge amounts of dried chilli flakes in Asien shops, for a bargain price grin ]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now