Talk

Advanced search

<<sulk??>&gt;I want to change my name, but cannot as apparently the name is taken, so went to search to see if there is such a poster and.............

(90 Posts)
psychomum5 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:03:22

there is<<sulk>>

but

they were there for just two months last year, and yet when I tried to join back in 2005 the name was not available then, and yet this poster has clearly joined since and got that name ((assuming it was released in the name auction which I missed thro investing RL and all thatblushshock)).

now, seeking all some of her posts and reading them, it looks as tho she has name changed since (thro boredom if I read the comment correctly) and is now a 'new' MNer (which might mean that I could indeed have the namehmm).

sooooooooooooooo

am I being unreasonable if I go ask MNHQ to give me the name by default of her not being here to use it, or is that not fair. for those of you that do namechange a lot (flame does for one.......truly shocked how many she hasshockgrin), do you feel attached to all your names, are would you mind me someone asking if they can have it instead.

especially if you only used it for about 196 posts in total..........

???????????

Chequers Wed 10-Sep-08 13:05:17

Why don't ypu post the name and see if she responds and ask her if you can have it?

potatofactory Wed 10-Sep-08 13:05:17

???

i can't possibly imagine caring about my mn name!

LapinOnTheEventHorizon Wed 10-Sep-08 13:05:34

Why don't you contact her first and see what she says? I doubt MNHQ will give you a name if someone has used it recently, especially if she hasn't deregistered. And 196 is not an insignificant number of posts.

Be more imaginative with your names wink

TigerFeet Wed 10-Sep-08 13:06:15

it might be worth an email to MNHQ - during the nickname auction I asked for a name that had been used by someone else but only for a short time a while before and not that many posts, and I got it . I fluttered my eyelashes at Tech and got my way grin

LargeHadronCollider Wed 10-Sep-08 13:06:47

I wouldn't mind someone asking, why not give it a go? I don't think MNHQ will just give it to you though without asking whoever owns it. Could you be a slight variation on it?

justaboutagrownup Wed 10-Sep-08 13:06:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

watsthestory Wed 10-Sep-08 13:07:38

Message withdrawn

cocolepew Wed 10-Sep-08 13:07:51

See? That's what you get for doing RL.

psychomum5 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:08:09

well.....

the name is Psycho

most people shorten me to that anyway, plus it is frowned upon to have mum and numbers in your name (like mineblush), and I just wanna have it.

I could live without aqquiring it I guess, but, well, I kind of like a short name.

unless of course I should change to something entirely different????

<<meh>>.......feeling twitchy and out of sorts and want to play with my name I guess.

LargeHadronCollider Wed 10-Sep-08 13:09:25

Could you have a zero instead of the o?

psychomum5 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:09:46

196 not an insignificant number of posts....

in whose world????

I do that in one day!!!!

<<maybe I am here too muchhmm>>

Chequers Wed 10-Sep-08 13:10:01

Why is it frowned upon to have mum or numbers in your name? What a stupid thing to be bothered by (others, not you).

psychomum5 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:10:51

coco......lol, yep, RL has a lot to answer forwinkgrin

LHC, a zero might work....

will go try, watch this space

LargeHadronCollider Wed 10-Sep-08 13:11:33

Or a 5 instead of the s?

Psych0 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:12:52

<<twirl>>

<<now feeling really embarrassed over how bloody excited I amblush>>

Psych0 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:13:47

oh, chequers.........no idea TBH. it just is, and sometimes I feel a little bit 'twee' with mine.

or maybe I fret about things too muchhmm

LargeHadronCollider Wed 10-Sep-08 13:14:08

grin. Lovely.

Buda Wed 10-Sep-08 13:14:55

Gosh - you really are a psycho to get worked up over such things! grin

cocolepew Wed 10-Sep-08 13:14:58

<<claps wildly>>

Psych0 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:15:50

just a thought tho......

am I now gonna upset the other psycho and be battered???

have I done a faux pa???

<<quiver>>

<<probably a mute point seeing as her last post was april 07>>

CapricaSix Wed 10-Sep-08 13:16:07

Thinking logistically, I imagine that it's not actually possible - I have used a few nicknames in the past and if i want to search under an old nickname, it would be very confusing & annoying if it came up with someone else's posts.
That seems wrong to me.

nooka Wed 10-Sep-08 13:16:09

I always though that you were psycho because you were a mum of five! Think that's better than plain old Psycho, and definitely better than Pyscho0...

Miaou Wed 10-Sep-08 13:16:56

Or you could be THEpsycho. Or TheOriginalPsycho.

(Now IIWY I'd grab those names quick before someone else does grin)

wink

Psych0 Wed 10-Sep-08 13:17:23

ah, but buda, don;t myou sometimes just want to have a change of image, do something wild, break free from the day-to-day boredom???

tis me todaywinkgrin

<<bows and curtsys' to the applause>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now