Talk

Advanced search

to want to purcase a plain grey or black or navy school type tracsuit for a tall and skinny 9 year old girl????

(9 Posts)
MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 09-Sep-08 19:13:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 09-Sep-08 19:28:04

herbietea Tue 09-Sep-08 19:29:44

Message withdrawn

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 09-Sep-08 19:31:43

Pixel Tue 09-Sep-08 19:38:10

We had this last year. Dd started a new school and was supposed to have a tracksuit in black or navy with no logos. She is small for her age and though she was 11 she only needed age 8-9 so I know what you mean! We spent an entire afternoon traipsing from shop to shop and there was nothing (Brighton city centre so most major chains available). Eventually I did find one in ASDA that was plain blue but had a lilac lining in the hood but by then I thought if that's not good enough for the school then tough! They haven't said anything so this year I was pestering ASDA as soon as uniforms came out, but even then I had to make 2 trips and several phone calls as I could only get top first time because they were already flying off the shelves. I've bought the next 2 sizes so I won't have to go through the same trauma next year!
I must say ASDA staff were very helpful though so it might be worth asking if there is still anywhere you could get one in blue.

Pixel Tue 09-Sep-08 19:39:35

Dd is skinny too and ASDA ones are fine on her.

bumpybecky Tue 09-Sep-08 20:06:00

YANBU and neither am I (only my tall skinny dd is 10). I've been looking since the end of last term, tried Woolies, M&S, Debenhams, John Lewis, BHS, Mothercare and more. Even tried the dead expensive local uniform shop but no joy

CostaRicanCod Tue 09-Sep-08 20:07:06

next
i tell ya
they are FAB

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 09-Sep-08 20:07:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now