Talk

Advanced search

to audition for the Xmas panto?

(10 Posts)
RubyRioja Tue 09-Sep-08 17:47:42

our local theatre holds open auditions every year for the panto (professional). Local ads have gone out today.

How unreasonable would I be to turn up and audition, bearing in mind I am in my late 30s, cannot sing or dance and have no acting experience.

I can only imagine, in my mind's eye how funny it would be to turn up in legwarmers and fame kit, and see if anyone had the neck to turn me away. Possibly attending with a mate for moral support.

Am pmsl at the very idea of old bat like me putting self forwards as Snow White or Cinderelle or whatever is is this year. Possibly I need to get out more.

What do you reckon, shall I go for it?

wahwah Tue 09-Sep-08 17:54:56

oh yes and then britain's got talent after that.

RubyRioja Tue 09-Sep-08 17:59:45

I think I'd need a glass to wine to have the nerve. All those 17yo blonde girlies warbling and then me. It would be funny

jalopy Tue 09-Sep-08 18:18:54

Go for it, Rubes. grin

Imnotok Tue 09-Sep-08 18:20:04

go for it

RubyRioja Tue 09-Sep-08 18:38:35

I can just imagine them trying to give an answer other than

'next' which would not be funny

'we see you more as a wicked stepmother'
'not exactly the look we are after'
all the way to
'christ you are waaaay older than we want'
grin

I'd definitely do it if I had a column in a Sunday paper - humiliation for payment

Hassled Tue 09-Sep-08 18:44:50

Re whether you're BU - Oh no you're aren't

RubyRioja Tue 09-Sep-08 18:45:23

oh yes I am
gets into spirit

deste Tue 09-Sep-08 18:50:04

My daughter is Princess Jill in Panto in London. I can ask for some tips for you if you like. Mind you I'm sure you know whats required (or not) by watching x factor.

RubyRioja Tue 09-Sep-08 18:57:00

have never actually seen x factor - presumably talent show with vv good and vvbad?

I bet Princess Jill has a fab frock

I just find the idea so funny - like when I told my sster I was going to sing Ave maria at her wedding as her wedding gift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now