Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To go on a computer help site and not be treated liked an idiot because I am not fantastic around a pc

(10 Posts)
bouncy Tue 09-Sep-08 15:14:02

Having problem with a system, directed to a help forum and dealing with the moderator, I explained I wasn't very good with a pc, and being treated like a idiot because I am not understanding the lingo or exactly what they mean?

Rant over

MarlaSinger Tue 09-Sep-08 15:16:40

What forums?

I have found these people friendly and helpful in the past.

Now on a Mac and don't have problems hmm

bouncy Tue 09-Sep-08 15:16:41

Forgot to mention that the error message I am getting on my pc is not one they think I have, I have copied it word for word twice and they say its not right when I can see from my effing pc it is what I have arrggh

MarlaSinger Tue 09-Sep-08 15:17:13

Also have you tried the Geeeky stuff board here?

Nagapie Tue 09-Sep-08 15:17:55

At least they haven't given you the priceless 'have you turned the PC off and on' ....

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 15:18:02

I hate that.
I once called IT to tell them my computer was dead - when I turned it on all I got was a blank screen with a flashing green cursor in the far left top corner. He told me it was impossible. I wanted to scream!

StealthPolarBear Tue 09-Sep-08 15:19:28

geeky stuff here is good
when are yu getting error msg and what does it say?

StealthPolarBear Tue 09-Sep-08 15:20:13

but no yanbu
but it is frustrating sometimes when people talk about 'computer' or 'software' problems when it isn't, in fact

bouncy Tue 09-Sep-08 15:31:54

I downloaded thunderbirds email, and I couldn't send out emails, I could receive but not sent out. i was asked about 8 questions which I replied to 7 thought had answered them all and got a really sarky reply back about the one I missed

onager Tue 09-Sep-08 15:38:09

Actually, I ask people to turn the computer off and on again as many problems are solved by this. Also since I can't see their screen, restarting makes sure they are looking at the desktop when I say the next bit and not an IE window.

Some help is better than others, but it's quite tricky when someone asks a question because you don't know if they are very new and need telling which mouse button to press or an IT expert who just needs one minor point cleared up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now