Talk

Advanced search

to wish my period would f*cking well hurry up and arrive so we can got through the misery, the moodiness, the tears, the shouting, the exhaustion, the anger

(24 Posts)
sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 21:49:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 21:52:56

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 21:54:39

I feel your pain.sad

I have usually 15-16 days between periods and i hate it. I fall out with DH every time cos i am such a bitch!!

Going to see doc on Thursday about suspected gallstones (ouch) but will talk again about a coil of some description.

sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:00:38

somersetmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:00:38

Go to your gp. You should not be putting up with this and nor should your family. Your gp can and will help you.

I put up with really heavy, flooding periods plus the exhaustion you describe for nearly a year. I went to gp and turns out I was extremely anaemic, so not surprising I was exhausted. This has now all been sorted out and I wish I had gone sooner.

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 22:03:45

I have been having this (plus the flooding somersetmum mentions) for 2+ years and i have finally had enough!!

Have you been to see your gp sallystrawberry?

How did you resolve your problem periods somersetmum?

sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:06:15

sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:07:04

yummymummy1405 Mon 08-Sep-08 22:07:24

periods are yet another sure sign that whoever created this funny old world was male. Bloody periods for years then u get pregnant and go thro labour then it all starts a-bloody-gain. I think I may b due in upcoming weeks can you tell?

somersetmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:07:29

Tranexamic acid

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 22:10:37

I am considering the Mirena. DH has had the snip so it matters not for contraception. Hormone contraception has always suited me.

I just know i hate feeling like shite for half of every month. I bleed for between 7 and 9 days too. I have been tested for anemia and it came back fine hmm

Goober Mon 08-Sep-08 22:12:07

Tranexamic acid YES and Mefanamic acid. Both together. And Evening primrose oil DOES work, get some.

somersetmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:13:29

Sorry, I hit the return key by mistake. Tranexamic acid is marvellous; you take it three times a day through your AF and it makes a considerable difference. I am due on Fri/Sat and I am calm and not at all phased, whereas before I would have been absolutely dreading it and getting really moody, stressy too. I'm now confident enough to live my life again, instead of avoiding days out, parties etc around that time and stressing about how I'd get through work. It's saving me a fortune in sanitary products too

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 22:13:31

Hmm will ask doc on Thursday and get it sorted. A gynae chap offered me endometrial ablation. Didn't fancy that at all!!

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 22:14:07

So did it moderate your flow,amount etc?

sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:14:17

liath Mon 08-Sep-08 22:15:44

Agalch - there's a good PMS clinic in Dean Terrace, if you're struggling with your periods you can refer yourself to it.

I had a mirena put in a few months ago and it's bloody GREAT.

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 22:19:39

Hi Liath,my GP seems nice,my lovely one is on Mat leave but due back. Will see how i get on with her on Thursday. Could get to Dean Terrace tho if not helpful on Thursday.

Between this and suspected gallstones i may shoot myself before then!!

somersetmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:20:26

Yes, prescription but your gp will subscribe it. I was worried about this, but the locum doctor I saw was lovely and told me I should not put up with it. It doesn't work for everyone but, if it doesn't work, the alternatives are the MiniPill, Coil or endometrial ablation.

I've also been offered an ultrasound, but am still waiting for this six months later

<reminds self to chase up next time I renew prescription>

Goober Mon 08-Sep-08 22:23:13

When I first started taking Tranexamic and mefanamic I thought that the slowed down flow would just prolong the experience. It doesn't.

aGalChangedHerName Mon 08-Sep-08 22:26:00

Why the fuck have i done nothing about this for so bloody long????

I am always sooooo busy looking after everyone else probably lol

Anyway off to have a shower (3rd today cos of AF) and take more painkillers and try to get some sleep and hope i don't flood all over the bed sad and (yuck emoticon)

somersetmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:28:49

Yep, me too Goober. I didn't want to stop taking it. Apparently, it works by clotting the blood. I don't understand it really as, to me, the clots were the problem. But it works definitely.

sallystrawberry Mon 08-Sep-08 22:30:29

Goober Mon 08-Sep-08 22:37:10

The clots are fine as long as they are small. The tablets are also prescribed to haemophiliacs to clot their blood. The mefanamic work on the pain aspect, and they work too. Sadly PMT is here to stay, though lessenned by EPO capsules.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now