Advanced search

To want to call Children's Services?

(6 Posts)
Orangutan Mon 08-Sep-08 16:33:30

Our neighbour upstairs lives alone, but every now and then a woman & a little girl would come for the weekend. Now, it’s been about a month since the woman & the daughter have been staying there with a new born baby! DH asked neighbour if he’d started a family & he said no they’re just staying there temporarily. Now, DH & I get woken up through the night with the baby crying for a long time (which is fine that’s what new borns do) BUT the woman SCREAMS for it to shut up & shut the fcuk up! It happened once & I thought, ok, hormones, but when DH was off-sick he said it happened during the day as well, and early this morning she did it again, quite a few times & I heard things being chucked around. I was really distressed & am now thinking of phoning Child Services. Also, the little girl, is defo about 6 or 7 years old & she should be in school & she’s not. What would you do?

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 08-Sep-08 16:39:53

I think you know what you need to do deep down-make the call.

TwoToTango Mon 08-Sep-08 16:54:47

Agree with ShinyPinkShoes. I'd find it hard but i'd make the call.

VinegarTits Mon 08-Sep-08 16:59:57

Why not knock and see if she needs some help, maybe she is depressed and has nobody to talk too, why not try and befriend her first and if you are still worried about her dc then call ss

Tittybangbang Mon 08-Sep-08 17:29:57

Poor baby. sad

gagarin Mon 08-Sep-08 17:30:58


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now