Talk

Advanced search

To ask DH to sleep in the spare room if he's going to have a drink before bed?

(12 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Mon 08-Sep-08 12:12:11

Message withdrawn

bloomingfedup Mon 08-Sep-08 12:14:41

NBU

OMG, He stays uo till what until what time? What time does he leave for work? I would defintley kick him into the spare room. smile

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Sep-08 12:15:31

Nope, HIBVU IMO

JuneBugJen Mon 08-Sep-08 12:16:12

Get him in that room, there is nothing worse than a DH who is snoring like a fool!!

TheHedgeWitch Mon 08-Sep-08 12:19:20

Message withdrawn

VictorianSqualor Mon 08-Sep-08 12:23:11

Not unreasonable at all.
DP will always sleep elsewhere if I ask him to if he has been drinking, just as I make a huge effort not to disturb him during the night when he has work the next day.
Sleep is evry important and both partners should make sure what they are doing is not hindering the other from getting enough.

potoroo Mon 08-Sep-08 12:29:06

When I was pregnant I used to get DH to sleep in the spare room anyway because any noise would wake me up, and he would always go to bed later than me.

Definitely NBU!

noonki Mon 08-Sep-08 12:37:26

not unreasonable at all

often get DH to sleep in different room when out drinking --

he still is on warning for coming in totally and utterly bladdered after 'wetting the baby's head' (more like drowning it) at 4am when DS2 was 3 days old waking me, and both DS's, declaring he loved us all and oh by the way can a few mates sleep over (Already downstairs knocking things over)

and that was over a year ago. The sofa is now his sleeping buddy

noonki Mon 08-Sep-08 12:37:56

nb - only when drinking, I don't hold grudges that long...

RoRoMommy Mon 08-Sep-08 12:45:07

YANBU. DH and I have an understanding on this as he sleeps like a dead person when he's been drinking and throws himself about, wakes me and DS up.

MuffinMclay Mon 08-Sep-08 12:58:31

YANBU

Dh sleeps in the spare room when he has been out drinking (or has a sore throat).

Bertiebrighteyes Tue 09-Sep-08 09:54:02

If hes drinking that much, and staying up til 3am, take it hes not getting in the car and driving at 6.30am?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now