To want to have a bath without someone

(38 Posts)
narkymum Sun 07-Sep-08 18:26:22

a.needing a poo.
b.asking how long I am going to be.
c.knocking every 5 mins.
d.whinning "i`m desperate"
e.hovering.
I ask before I have one, but every time as I lay back for 5 bloody seconds it starts.

TrinityRhino Sun 07-Sep-08 18:28:25

I would like to have a bath without my 8 yr old, 3 yr old and gecko (19 months)............................................................................................. ......IN THE BATH WITH ME

grin

NoblesseOblige Sun 07-Sep-08 18:29:01

i would like to have a bath in water that at least one other person has not wee'd in angry

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 07-Sep-08 18:29:06

grin

Sometimes in the evening, if I am having a bath, DH will come up to "talk to me"...I kind of look at him in silence until he says "errr shall I go away?" and I smile

grin

silent time.

narkymum Sun 07-Sep-08 18:31:35

oh yes I know the "talking" one wink

TrinityRhino Sun 07-Sep-08 18:33:01

roffle at the talking grin

priceyp Sun 07-Sep-08 18:36:53

In addition it would be nice to have a poo blush without someone shouting "are you having a poo mummy?" outside the door or just coming in to watch/chat then discuss my lack of having a willy. Even the dog sticks his head round the door ffs if I am in there for more than 2 mins. They don't hassle DH and he disappears in there with a book.

sockmonkey Sun 07-Sep-08 18:37:40

I would like a bath without DSs coming in and chucking a whole bunch of toys in the bath water... or at my head.
I would also like it of DH would watch the kids while I was in the bath, not let them come in & out asking for snacks, help on the loo etc.
narkymum, I feel your pain!

narkymum Sun 07-Sep-08 18:39:39

usually I end up letting one or two in and then have to put loads of cold in smile

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 07-Sep-08 18:41:35

This is why you make your baths as hot as possible. Mostly for pleasure, but it has anti-social benefits....

DisasterArea Sun 07-Sep-08 18:43:36

and if you warn the household you are not to be disturbed they take offence ad get upset then you feel guilty and can't enjoy the solitue anyway. [sigh]

Overmydeadbody Sun 07-Sep-08 18:43:50

Alas, DS has come to enjoy very hot baths, that didn't deter him!

TheInvisableManDidIt Sun 07-Sep-08 18:54:40

even locking the door doesn't deter my lot.

They've figured out how to open it with a coin. sad

littlestrawberry Sun 07-Sep-08 19:04:06

My DS's have discovered the joys of washing my hair. Otherwise known as drowning mummy with jugfuls of bath water tipped in my face. Great fun!

GentleOtter Sun 07-Sep-08 19:06:57

I want to go to the loo and NOT have to be the one who 'starts' the new toilet roll.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sun 07-Sep-08 19:08:41

I would like to have a bath without ds1 (9) climbing in. He climbs in every bath in the house. So he often has 3 a day. He doesn't even mind my hot ones.

beansmum Sun 07-Sep-08 19:08:52

I would like a bath. I could have one after about 8pm I suppose, when ds is properly asleep and not likely to want to join me, but I would feel guilty filling the bath twice in one day, and don't fancy ds's cold dirty water.

Don't get me started on trying to poo without the boy and the dog coming in for a chat.

JuneBugJen Sun 07-Sep-08 19:08:53

There is a wonderful book with 'The Large Family' in it called (I think) 5 Minutes Peace. Its exactly this problem. My daughter couldnt understand why I was chuckling away so much about it.

Anifrangapani Sun 07-Sep-08 19:10:37

Everybody joins me.... although if I stay there long enough they get bored and go away. grin

sockmonkey Sun 07-Sep-08 19:14:44

PricyP - I never understand why the DC leave daddy alone to go to the loo, but I obviously love having a chat hmm.

priceyp Sun 07-Sep-08 19:15:04

Beansmum, glad it's not just me! I haven't had a bath since dd was born 5 months ago! (I have showered you understand) No time! To busy mnetting looking after the kids.

priceyp Sun 07-Sep-08 19:16:03

too busy blush

priceyp Sun 07-Sep-08 19:21:27

Sockmonkey, I have asked ds that question. He says daddy gets annoyed hmm so does mummy but I'm obviously not scary enough!

sockmonkey Sun 07-Sep-08 19:24:50

hehehe. I guess we will have to practice some scary annoyed faces angrywink

LilRedWG Sun 07-Sep-08 19:28:11

Ooo - this has prompted me to go and have a nice long soak in the bath. you can guarantee that DD will wake up and shout for me just as I start to unwind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now