Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think these men beahved disgustingly and to leave because I was appalled. I mean ffs my ds who is 16 knows better.

(84 Posts)
2shoes Sun 07-Sep-08 12:56:16

went to a prty at a pub/hotel place last night. was a grown up party and bar about 4 guests all others wer over 20.
Wnt out to have a fag with dh. I was the only female but it was at the entrace.
turned round and saw a prick........yest a penis in a mans hand as he pissed against the wall.right at the entrance
I was shocled. even more so to see the party ladyies dh satanding talking to him(my BIL)
dh was also shocked and even more so when some one else did it.
now are we prudes to think this is well out of order. (there were working toilets and a massive carpark)
So come on AIBU?????????

TabbedBrowser Sun 07-Sep-08 12:57:03

is that all?

TsuDohNimh Sun 07-Sep-08 12:58:13

YANBU. Why is this sort of behaviour tolerated and acceppted.
Although TBH I probably would have said something rather than leave early

TabbedBrowser Sun 07-Sep-08 12:58:43

ok os its not nice bt you are smi hyserical

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 07-Sep-08 12:59:10

I'm with you 2shoes

I hate people (mostly men) peeing in public.

YANBU

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 07-Sep-08 12:59:58

Totally disgusting...yanbu...

I am repulsed by public urination - especially if toilets close by!

morningpaper Sun 07-Sep-08 13:00:56

No I wouldn't leave, this is what drunk men do - they will probably go home and crap in their own wardrobes

Why didn't you say something?

lulumama Sun 07-Sep-08 13:02:42

don;t like peeing in public, unless it is a two year old who is just potty trained and is about to wee all over the car seat and has to be held up behind the plants in the local tesco petrol station by her dad... grin but i digress

it is gross and bleargh but sadly one of those disgusting things men do when drunk.

cod, is it a public decency offence or summat?or not?

StayFrosty Sun 07-Sep-08 13:02:46

It really bugs me when men piss all over the place just because a) they have had a few drinks and b) they can. Not esp bothered by seeing their wangs etc, it is just the casual attitude that the whole world is their personal urinal. I would said something to them, but dunno if I would have stormed off from the whole party tbh.

umberella Sun 07-Sep-08 13:03:41

My dad had a student who really objected to this, and for her degree exhibition she made a video of herself walking down princes st in edinburgh (on a saturday afternoon) and taking a pee in the middle of the pavement shock! it did make the point though...

StayFrosty Sun 07-Sep-08 13:04:39

lulumama, cod will know better, but public urination is an offence, the magistrates court report in our local paper always shows at least three or four classy guys hauled up before the beak for it.

tigermoth Sun 07-Sep-08 13:04:54

Was this the main entrance to the hotel? Would other visitors have been able to see this easily? Was it a busy place?

FluffyMummy123 Sun 07-Sep-08 13:05:25

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Sun 07-Sep-08 13:05:27

they do it here whilst drunk because they're not fined for it and no one forces them not to do it, or takes them in for public intoxication.

it's utterly vile.

it's not 'what men do when drunk'.

it's what dogs do.

they were in a pub/hotel. there are toilets in these places.

morningpaper Sun 07-Sep-08 13:05:27

last night at a party I streaked across a cricket field

morningpaper Sun 07-Sep-08 13:06:10

I think I That is illegal too

would I have to pay a penalty cod?

ThinWhiteDuchess Sun 07-Sep-08 13:06:18

IMO, a slight over reaction to leave because of this. He was disgusting to have a pee in public, but as morningpaper says, that is what drunk men do.

FluffyMummy123 Sun 07-Sep-08 13:06:30

Message withdrawn

lulumama Sun 07-Sep-08 13:07:44

you are right expat, it is a generalisation. some men do it when they are drunk. not all. sorry.

foxinsocks Sun 07-Sep-08 13:08:18

I've peed in public. It happens. Isn't nice but I think as long as alcohol exists, it will probably still happen.

now going out for a fag wink where shall I start

morningpaper Sun 07-Sep-08 13:08:25

no one left the party as far as I know

FluffyMummy123 Sun 07-Sep-08 13:08:38

Message withdrawn

FabioBadAssCat Sun 07-Sep-08 13:10:24

Bleah at pissing at an entrance to somewhere - ffs find a bush or an alley.

But hurrah for public streaking, which makes me pmsl.

[irony]

And OI mp - I pointed you at that thread and you use it to ridicule me!
These outrageous suggestions that I am not a cat but a grown woman sitting her in her pyjamas with Frosties in her cleavage and coffee dripping off the keyboard while the house doesn't clean itself and the laundry pile over there threatens to hit the ceiling.

Meow.
See.

expatinscotland Sun 07-Sep-08 13:10:57

i'm still not accustomed to see such public drunkeness and probably never will be, lulu.

gettin a 'PI' - public intoxication - isn't child's play in most places in the US. they're more heavily policed as far as things like that there so it's never something i've got used to.

people mostly just watch it when they come out of pubs and bars because you can and do get fined for it and if you start backchatting the cops they put you in the meat wagon.

the worst of it is that if you do get taken down, you get booked into a private detox centre for teh night, where you can pay up to $400 to stay in the holding cell and get a toothbrush and a hotdog when you sober out.

then you have to pay the PI fine and court costs.

FluffyMummy123 Sun 07-Sep-08 13:11:02

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now