Talk

Advanced search

to think my sister has gone mad?

(31 Posts)
pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 11:53:04

The situation is this my sister does indulge her PFB some-what - fair enough she has the money to spend on fancy clothes, alot of toys, crazy priced activities. She treats it as every day has to be like a holiday making his childhood the best ever. She has professional photo's done that are blown up into huge pictures and given to all for presents.

I do try to gently reminder her that as he is 2.6 he wont remember any of this and can she really keep it up for the other's.

However this morning she has really shocked me.
We were playing at her house my DS2 had a 'baby doll' he loves, he DS (PFB) also has a 'baby doll' - Her DS walks in with a 'baby' - She says 'Oh no, T give that back to W it's his toy'

Her DS runs off crying and my realises that her DS had his own toy - so she runs after him and says....
'Mummy's sorry she was wrong. Do you hate Mummy? Do you want to hit mummy ? Do you hate Mummy? Here you are hit Mummy!' and holds out her hand for him to hit her!!!
She then goes and gets some sweets from the cupboard for 'Being such a horrible mummy'

And returns to the table like nothing has happened - I am flabberghasted that she would put herself down like this to a 2 yo and encourage him to hit her.

It's just odd.

NorthernLurker Sat 06-Sep-08 11:56:10

Well that does sound a bit extreme - but thats why there called precious first borns! If she's still like this in 5 years time I would worry.

StealthPolarBear Sat 06-Sep-08 11:56:53

the hitting is a bit worrying though!

StealthPolarBear Sat 06-Sep-08 11:57:02

and the hate for that matter

Imnotok Sat 06-Sep-08 11:57:57

shock my sister is a bit like this with her PFB .
He threw a wooden brick at her and cut her eye so I put him on the naughty step while I orted her eye out and all she kept saying was "he will be angry with me all day now"

She is pg again now and me thinks she has a big shock coming her way

beeny Sat 06-Sep-08 11:58:31

This is very odd behaviour

masalachameleon Sat 06-Sep-08 11:58:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Sep-08 11:59:26

shock
what did you say/do as all this was going on?

i dont know what to say

tiggerlovestobounce Sat 06-Sep-08 12:02:09

This doesnt sound good at all. I would worry that if she carries on like this she will have an anxious and confused little boy.

MrsTittleMouse Sat 06-Sep-08 12:02:17

shock
Holy cow!
That is very strange behaviour. The poor child will grow up thinking that he's the parent and will be very confused. An apology for getting the identity of the doll wrong is in order, everything else is well over the top, in my opinion.

minorbird Sat 06-Sep-08 12:03:02

Oh dear, sounds like your sis is creating a monster!

Katisha Sat 06-Sep-08 12:06:22

YANBU
Rather worrying

pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 12:07:05

I feel like she's just not my sister - did my mum & dad really bring her up ?

I don't know why she needs to over compensate in this wierd way. She is just setting herself up for a fall.

I said to her - 'Oh was that necessary?' And she just laughed it off and said she was only joking with him.....

pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 12:07:10

I feel like she's just not my sister - did my mum & dad really bring her up ?

I don't know why she needs to over compensate in this wierd way. She is just setting herself up for a fall.

I said to her - 'Oh was that necessary?' And she just laughed it off and said she was only joking with him.....

pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 12:08:22

I didn't say the same thing twice blush

WideWebWitch Sat 06-Sep-08 12:09:28

she's weird, agree

bloomingfedup Sat 06-Sep-08 12:09:39

WTF? I hope that she does not carry on behaving in this crazy way - she may just create a teenage boy who thinks its ok to hit his mother,girlfriend etc.

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Sep-08 12:11:43

or teacher.

batters Sat 06-Sep-08 12:23:55

oh that is odd.

Very odd.

pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 12:24:09

It's the language I don't get.

What can I do to try and highlight to her that this is an odd path to be taking ?

pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 12:24:10

It's the language I don't get.

What can I do to try and highlight to her that this is an odd path to be taking ?

Twiglett Sat 06-Sep-08 12:26:38

so let me get this straight, she's teaching her child that if someone makes a mistake and says something to him that he doesn't like the response is to hate them and hit them?

odd very odd

I'd move ... far, far away tbh

batters Sat 06-Sep-08 12:28:00

no no no I wouldn't even try to tell her this is wrong. Honestly it sounds as though you would be beating your head against a brick wall.

FAQ Sat 06-Sep-08 12:34:16

that is odd

I have to confess to occasionaly doing that "silly door/table/chair/floor" when DS2 hurts himself and tapping them (not whacking) to tell them off - but that's only as a joke - and DS2 finds it hilarious and it usually stops the tears - but he's nearly 5 - so more able to understand that you don't hit someone just because they do/say something you don't like.

pippylongstockings Sat 06-Sep-08 12:36:46

OK - I step back and let her do what she like's it's her child etc - but what about the fact that he's going to turn into a horrible brat that no one likes/school bully ?

I was going to talk to my mother about it, but she too already thinks my sister has lost the plot ever since my sister had a go at my mum for putting the PFB to bed on his back and he couldn't reach his toys! - He was 2! Pretty capable of turning over....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now