Talk

Advanced search

to feel disgruntled that ds2's grandparents have....

(12 Posts)

for his 5th birtdya bought him a subscriptiopn to a magazine aimed at 6-9 year olds?

MatNanPlus Sat 06-Sep-08 11:29:27

oops think they got his year wrong or just careless choosing?

i can't decide if it's careless choosing or, more likely, a 'my grandchild is so incredibly clever and gifted that age appropriate stuff is beyond him' thing.

the same magazine does a version for 3-6 year olds which would be much better.

his brother gets dr who comic every week and he was so envy so he wanted a magazine-something simmiliar and fun.

so he gets thuis ort style thing that is beyond him and will need us to read to him.[sigh]

Bettyboobird Sat 06-Sep-08 11:33:14

Perhaps they think he is really advanced?!

dd's grandparents forgot her 1st birthday altogether! When reminded, they presented us with a garden seat for dd-how age appropriate(!)

I guess it's the thought that counts!

DisasterArea Sat 06-Sep-08 11:42:54

disgruntled is a very good word. they possibly don't realise it is too old for him. any chance of changing it?

i don't kniow. will have to look into it.

is tiresome.
he'd have been happier with a bog standard comic tbh.
god that makes me sound really ungrateful.

MatNanPlus Sat 06-Sep-08 11:44:56

TMMS could you call up the company and say there seems to have been a mistake as the 3-6yo magazine was subscribed to, but you have recieved a 6-9yo one?

Would the GP change it?

DisasterArea Sat 06-Sep-08 11:49:23

not ungreatful at all. just a shame that something he could have really liked and enoyed turns out to be just a bit wrong.

have phoned them up and they have transferred the subscription to the younger one! sorted.

MatNanPlus Sat 06-Sep-08 12:45:00

YEAH Brill.

Will GP's be annoyed?

LynetteScavo Sat 06-Sep-08 12:45:20

You should have beeen flattered - they obviously think he's very bright!

he is! butnot that bright!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now