Talk

Advanced search

to want an arranged marriage?

(16 Posts)
LolaTheShowgirl Fri 05-Sep-08 20:45:16

because all the men I choose for myself are stupid losers and if I was just placed into a marriage with a man then we would be forced to make it work or divorce!

daftpunk Fri 05-Sep-08 20:46:04

grin oh lola...you're great!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 20:46:18

Lola, how are you?

(saw your thread earlier this week)

LolaTheShowgirl Fri 05-Sep-08 20:48:31

I'm great thanks boysarelikedogs! Just getting on but I want a DH!!! I want to be married and then I too can go on the relationships thread and moan about my DHgrin How are you?

LolaTheShowgirl Fri 05-Sep-08 20:49:23

thanks daftpunk , you are too me hearty!

beeny Fri 05-Sep-08 20:49:37

Am asian,would love to arrange one!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Sep-08 20:52:41

All well this end Lola, ta.

smile

Grumpalina Fri 05-Sep-08 20:53:33

I am not Asian but would love an arranged marraige for the same reasons as LTSG. (I am now 43 in a v disappointing relationship that will never end in marraige). However I would want to choose the arrangers so I would feel I had a bit of faith in their choice (my parents would choose Prince Charles himself or v similar).

solidgoldbrass Fri 05-Sep-08 20:53:56

Erm, well, no offence but I think I have read a few of your threads about your mother's relationship which would suggest that she might not do the best job in the world in selecting a husband for you...

Blandmum Fri 05-Sep-08 20:54:21

I know that they can work very well. But i shudder to think who my dm would have picked out for me!!!!!

SmugColditz Fri 05-Sep-08 20:55:27

I'd quite like an arranged marriage. Arranged by my dad, who liked me far more when I was 20 than I like myself, and would have had higher standards for me!

hecate Fri 05-Sep-08 20:57:42

You wouldn't want a marriage arranged by your fecking mother, would you?

(Just looked up and seen that SGB has made just that point! grin )

But in all seriousness, I think arranged marriages (not forced marriages) can be wonderful things. If done properly, by loving parents who know you well! You meet someone and can make a terrible choice based on lust or something. how much better for a sensible choice to be made based on something more lasting?

LolaTheShowgirl Fri 05-Sep-08 21:00:32

Oh no I don't want my mother to choose my husband, feck, she can't even choose her own right, can she? I'm going to find him on thegumtree and marry him in vegas or no, blackpool'll do...i'm dead classy me!

actually, i'd love a mumsnetter to choose him. I don't want to see him before or during the wedding, just after we've said our vows'll do incase he is a minger gives me cold feet.

hecate Fri 05-Sep-08 21:04:59

I've got just the guy for you. He's got a lovely personality

or there's this guy who gets about a bit, but is really very sweet.

LolaTheShowgirl Sat 06-Sep-08 11:06:41

yikes hecate, where's my divorce lawyer?!?!

cheesesarnie Sat 06-Sep-08 11:08:26

grin lola.you can have my dh-there sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now