Talk

Advanced search

to expect partner to come home when he says he is going to.

(3 Posts)
givemeabreak Fri 05-Sep-08 20:05:30

I know I'm going to get an ear bashing from some saying why are you giving him a time to be home but if you would let me give a bit of back ground info before condemning me.
Myself and partner have 2 kids 2 and under, in the month of July he was away all weekend for a stag do, on a all day sesh another weekend in July, which might as well have been another weekend away since he was out of action all the following day to. The third weekend he had a work do, he had promised to ring me and also promised to get the last bus home. Baring in mind that was spending two out of four weekend looking after the kids I didn't think I was being unreasonable to ask him to get last bus home so that he was in fit state to help me with kids the following day. He went out about 5 in the evening and the last bus was about midnight. Anyway when he didn't ring me and it was about 12.30pm I rang him and he had gone into town and ended up clubbing. He came back completely wrecked. Being sick all over the place. Next day I was so pissed off with him that myself and the kids ended up going to haggerston castle for the weekend.
Well today he has gone for drinks after work today. After the last episode and me saying if your going to come back in that state your not going out with work again he promised he was just going for a couple of drinks and would definately be back between 7 and 8, he would have started drinking at 3.30ish. He rang me at 10 past 7 asking if I minded him getting the bus at 8. I ended up putting the phone down on him. I don't think I'm one of these women that don't let her bloke do anything but feel like I give him an inch and he takes a mile. Further back ground info is that when it was my birthday and son was 7 weeks old and we had a babysitter he was too tired to stay out later than quarter past 11. He can fucking stay out till all hours having fun with his mates but when its comes to having a night out with me after I'd not drank for the last 10 months he could only manage quarter past 11. Also very pissed off that night of sons birth I asked my mum who was watching our other son if she minded stuart going for a couple of drinks with his friends. I was still in hospital and mum was staying at our house. I had asked him not to be too late as I didn't think it fair to take the piss with my mum as our other son had been waking during the night and she had already taken our son away for the last week on holiday. Well he ended up coming home at 5 in the morning. Just having given birth less than 24 hours before when I found out I made light of it. My mum did to not wanting to upset me. He had the cheek to moan all that day however that he was tired.

cheshirekitty Fri 05-Sep-08 21:11:07

Lots of issues going on here. I think he needs to grow up. You need to sit down and have a good old heart to heart with him.

Good Luck.

HonoriaGlossop Fri 05-Sep-08 21:48:44

oh my, he is a real strong man to lean on, isn't he - the cornerstone of the family....not!

He is acting like a 17 year old with no responsibilities. I have to say going out and getting bladdered till 5 in the morning when you've just given birth is truly, truly bizarre.

Agree with ck - I would be having a SERIOUS chat with him - YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now