Talk

Advanced search

to expect my pill instructions to be written in English?

(10 Posts)
aaaarrrgh Fri 05-Sep-08 12:43:00

I'm gonna sounds like ditzy blonde here (well I am!) BUT my the names on my pill packet all appear to be abbreviated forms of the days of the week in German?! WTF?

I don't understand them...and I've got 6mths supply of them, keep confusing me whether i've taken my pill or not, have to keep counting back..is really annoying.

Should i mention it to the chemist or will they think i'm really thick and can't count?

bumpybecky Fri 05-Sep-08 12:54:35

I'd say something. Forgetting a pill is potentially disasterous! shock

tiggerlovestobounce Fri 05-Sep-08 12:56:46

Mine has that too. I dont know if there is much point in mentioning it to your chemist, if that is what they have in stock then there probably isnt a lot they can do about it.
I dont think they would think you were thick if you did mention it though.

Cies Fri 05-Sep-08 12:59:32

I would mention it.

And if you want in the meantime you can get a thin permanent pen and write the days of the week in English over the top, so it's clear for you. I did this when I once bought a packet that was numbered instead of with days of the week.

Sidge Fri 05-Sep-08 13:06:04

I would write down the German days of the week, stick it inside your bathroom cabinet then you can refer to it if you get confused.

Your pharmacist has probably supplied whatever stock s/he has, which may be European stock.

Dragonbutter Fri 05-Sep-08 13:12:26

same happened to me, only in portuguese.
i took them back and they ordered in some in english.
they do it because they have to source the cheapest. from now on, i intend to make sure it's noted on the prescription that the days of the week should be in english.
i will not be impressed if i get pregnant because my portuguese isn't up to scratch.

babyignoramus Fri 05-Sep-08 13:23:07

If it helps here are the German days of the week....!

Montag
Dreistag
Mittwoch
Donnerstag
Freitag
Samstag
Sonnabend/Sonntag

Please feel free to correct my spelling everyone!!

CoffeeCrazedMama Fri 05-Sep-08 14:18:27

Tuesday is Dienstag, BI! grin

cheshirekitty Fri 05-Sep-08 15:08:40

You can always call the baby Heidi or Gunther!

babyignoramus Fri 05-Sep-08 17:32:23

OOps, thank you CCM! Was having a senior moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now