Talk

Advanced search

To be very cross and cut my nose off to spite my face in this situation.....???

(6 Posts)
Nixz Fri 05-Sep-08 11:35:59

Basically - gave up my job in July as we were moving 250 miles away and starting a fresh as DP was posted away (forces)
DP left us at the end of July, for whatever reasons but left me without a job.

A friend suggested I call a local call centre for a part time job the other day (friend is very high up in centre), I did and arranged a telephone interview for Thurs morning.
I waited in all day. No call. I called them at 2.30 ish and explained (as i did on the initial call) that I would be out of the house at 3pm to collect DD from school and when where they thinking of calling me?
We re scheduled for 10am this morning.
Still no call.
My cupboards/frisge is empty and I have bills to go and pay.
I dont know what to do but Im really cross. Should i be greatful for the chance of an interview?

chopchopbusybusy Fri 05-Sep-08 11:40:26

I'd say if they do call now, go ahead with the telephone interview as you would have done originally. But, tbh, I think you should start looking elsewhere for work.

Chuffinnora Fri 05-Sep-08 11:44:33

Don't cut your nose off. Just put out other feelers for work and if they ring do your best (even if you are in the aisle in Sainsburys).
In your situation I would keep all my options open.

Nixz Fri 05-Sep-08 11:46:21

They are a national bank, its not like someone there just 'cant be bothered'.
Ive never had a telephone interview before - is this normal?
Im so cross, imagine if i turned up for an interview 3 days late!!!!

chopchopbusybusy Fri 05-Sep-08 11:49:41

Telephone interviews are very common for this type of job. If it goes well, then they will ask you to attend a face to face interview. IME the human resources department of very large companies can be shite slightly disorganised. Have you asked your friend what she thinks?

Nixz Fri 05-Sep-08 12:04:03

Its a friend of my mums and she is busy but i will let her know whats happened.
ive just called them and re scheduled for monday again as they are 'short staffed' this afternoon.
I havent a bloody wage though and its another week of a setback grrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now