Talk

Advanced search

to think that if i tell dh something will cost £11.89 per month <as in £5.99 per fortnight> he should listen to me.....

(11 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 05-Sep-08 07:24:56

as opposed to treating me like im a bit dumb that is?

dd1 was bought the dr who files dvd magazine yesterday as a treat for being so good at school <i had problems with her the day before going back after lunch>.

the first issue was on offer for £1.99 so thats no problem but after that they are £7.99 each issue and are out every two weeks. if you subscribe and get them delivered they are only £5.99 and you get free gifts. i told dh that i was thinking about doing this as dd1 adores dr who and i thought that we could put them away and use them as a treat system <i.e. she gets them when she is really good>.

he said no way because he had read the thing i was looking at and it said they would charge my debit card £11.89 every two issues and thats nearly £24 per month, he could get gym membership membership for that apparently.

i tried to explain that they were only out every two weeks so that would be £11.89 a month not every two weeks but he just kept talking to me like i was a naughty four year old who wasnt listening angry

GordonTheGopher Fri 05-Sep-08 07:47:03

Lol.

Try again when he's calmer using a big whiteboard and pen. grin

ethanchristopher Fri 05-Sep-08 07:49:32

urgh i hate it when dh does this to me

just wait till he's calmed down then TELL HIM this is whats going to happen. dont ask.

KVC Fri 05-Sep-08 08:03:27

Message withdrawn

iwantasecondone Fri 05-Sep-08 08:17:09

Try having a MAN explain it to him! lol DH will "listen" to me say something and nod, then when some random man says same thing a week later he will get very interested and say "really? I didn't know that!" grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 05-Sep-08 09:17:37

thats a good idea iwantasecondone but hwo do i explain it to the other man so that he can explain to dh? lol

its my debit card <we have seperate accounts for spending money and joint for bills> so ill just go ahead and order it. and he will have to live with it.

Dropdeadfred Fri 05-Sep-08 09:19:58

what has his potential gym membership got to do with his daughter's treat?

JacobsPrincess Fri 05-Sep-08 09:23:39

My dh does this sort of thing all the time! He's a teacher and I'm getting fed up of having everything explained to me 3 times like he is talking to a particularly thick Yr 8!!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 05-Sep-08 09:31:16

i have no idea dropdead i think he was just pointing out how stupidly expensive the magazine was and even @ £5.99 its still expensive but you get a dvd so i supppose not too bad!

i dont think he even wants to join a gym as we live near one that has no membership fees its payg.

NoblesseOblige Fri 05-Sep-08 09:34:00

oh gosh i never explain costs to dh if it is something that i'm paying for by myself!

because of exactly what you have just described! definitley a man thing smile

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Fri 05-Sep-08 09:42:13

Why are you telling your dh about a magazine subscription?! Its not hp for a ferrari is it?!
(This is where I like having my own bank account and my own job!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now