Talk

Advanced search

To dress DS (7) in girls clothes. On purpose??

(44 Posts)
ParCark Thu 04-Sep-08 19:38:04

Message withdrawn

nickytwotimes Thu 04-Sep-08 19:40:54

YANBU.
If the kid looks good in them, who cares?
Most plain trousers are pretty unisex looking imho.

Shoegazer Thu 04-Sep-08 19:41:16

Not unreasonable, DD has boys trousers and tops. You could inspect the cords and you didn't know they were girls so anyone seeing your DS in them is not going to know either. I think I know the style you mean, if you like it, go for it!

Ronaldinhio Thu 04-Sep-08 19:41:41

Does DH also feel uncomfortable about men wearing kilts?

hotbot Thu 04-Sep-08 19:42:45

ahem we buy dd boys trousers as the cut is better for real nappies you cant tell

Mutt Thu 04-Sep-08 19:43:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

So, so, so NU imo.

'tis hardly a pink party frock.

My ds would love a pink party frock. grin

If it helps H and M have got loads of boys skinny jeans.

Mutt Thu 04-Sep-08 19:44:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeaMcLean Thu 04-Sep-08 19:45:43

YANBU

I find boys clothes sooo boring. Would be nice to put DS in something a bit more trendy. As you say, men can get trousers like that, why not 7 year olds.

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 19:45:45

you will turn him into a homosexual

ParCark Thu 04-Sep-08 19:52:06

Message withdrawn

KerryMum Thu 04-Sep-08 19:52:48

grin

cat64 Thu 04-Sep-08 19:53:36

Message withdrawn

noonki Thu 04-Sep-08 19:56:22

lol at Kerrymum (joking I assume!)

I often dress my two boys up in 'girl' trousers,

they are only 1 and 3 so don't care, they like the flowers on them... often used to put them in pink babygros too...

ah well I did so want a girl ...

solidgoldbrass Thu 04-Sep-08 19:59:46

Who would actually refuse to let a DS dress in a pink ballgown if he wanted to? My DS has spent a happy morning or two runnign round playgroup in the SNow White outfit, and should he express a desire for pink sequinned jeans (asl long as they are within our budget ie from Woolworths) I will get them for him. If he gets teased I will encourage him to say 'ooh, you're a bit narrow-minded and pig-ignorant, aren't you?' rather than getting upset, but if he then wants to wear something more traditional it will still be his choice.

MorningTownRide Thu 04-Sep-08 21:04:15

We put ds in his sister's trousers and her pink socks grin

TheHedgeWitch Thu 04-Sep-08 21:52:35

Message withdrawn

seeker Thu 04-Sep-08 21:59:28

Is he happy with wearing them? (my ds would DIE rather than wear anything that might have girl germs on it) If he is, then go for it. BUT I would be very careful they didn't have pink sparkly girly labels in them. Even if he is sensible enough not to mind, he will be teased unmercifully if his mates see.

chapstickchick Thu 04-Sep-08 22:10:03

i dont like this, i too have a 7 yr old and no way would i dress him in girl trousers.

seeker Thu 04-Sep-08 22:13:31

I think it's fine SO LONG as they don"t look like girl's trousers. What is it about them that you like so much? And how are they different from boys?

TheSmallClanger Thu 04-Sep-08 22:19:27

Childrens' trousers for that age are much of a muchness. The children vary so much in size and shape that some are bound to fit a bit differently. As long as your DS likes them, YANBU.

TheSmallClanger Thu 04-Sep-08 22:20:11

To clarify, it's not like a blouse with a peter pan collar, or bust darts or something, I'm assuming.

MarmadukeScarlet Thu 04-Sep-08 22:21:37

You haven't said what colour they are.

My DH is horrified that our DS likes to wear a pink tutu from DS' dressing up rail. Although he was more horrifed when I told him DS regularly wears it to waitrose grin.

juneybean Thu 04-Sep-08 22:25:45

It's a bit of a double standard to say girls can wear boys clothes but boys cant wear girls clothes.

go for it!

S1ur Thu 04-Sep-08 22:26:25

hmm depends, are you also plaiting his hair and tying it with ribbons?

No? I think you can get away with a pair of trousers.

FWIW I bought some boys stuff for pfb dd and am now thankful I did as can pass it on to ds - along with her pink socks of course.

My dc have always been identified as the wong gender I blame their hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now