Talk

Advanced search

to want children who are invited to watch a dvd, watch the dvd and not play-fight

(11 Posts)
Twiglett Thu 04-Sep-08 14:07:11

swap trading cards, shriek and generally be annoying

sit quietly with gormless expressions on your faces and then leave please

eye thenk ewe

Seeline Thu 04-Sep-08 14:12:35

I don't think you ABU to want that. However, I think you are probably being unreasonable to think that it will happen!

mumblechum Thu 04-Sep-08 14:13:07

don't be darft.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 04-Sep-08 14:14:06

Message withdrawn

DaphneMoon Thu 04-Sep-08 14:14:20

Boys?

Well that explains it then, boys "don't do sitting still watching film nicely"

Twiglett Thu 04-Sep-08 14:15:45

I'm not fraeky enough to think they would watch it, I'm just ever-hopeful grin

tiredemma Thu 04-Sep-08 14:18:52

i tried this yesterday- they ended up playing wrestling on the trampoline and one boy went home crying.

2shoes Thu 04-Sep-08 16:17:14

yabu
and you know it
it will never happen

babyinbelly Thu 04-Sep-08 16:37:20

I cant see it happening to be honest. When I went to friends houses for videos we only ever saw 10 minutes before doing something else.

yabu

unless they are 15 then they should be able to sit down and watch it!

pagwatch Thu 04-Sep-08 16:40:47

Twiglett
I admire your optimism but its really never going to happen.

The only way to ensure it does is to invite any kids you know that don't have a telly.
The last time we did that I had to kick one of them to check he was still concious.

ethanchristopher Fri 05-Sep-08 00:01:45

hahahah.

at my first "kids meet up and play while parents sit and have a coffee" session at my house i stuck a dvd on (of batman thinking - great stuff, boys love batman and its all action e.t.c so interesting)

went back in about 2 hours later thinking it would be finished and the kids would want feeding

and the playroom was a TIP

nothing was still on the shelves

i wanted to cry. instead i went back to the mother and said, well the in-laws are coming round in a min so id better do a quick tidy up before they call social services

within seconds the kids were all playing footie outside while the mother helped me tidy the playroom. GUILT TRIP wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now