Talk

Advanced search

I am so undecisive - I don't know which pen to buy for university! Fountain or roller or gel or.... bic?!

(10 Posts)
Alambil Thu 04-Sep-08 00:08:42

I need a long lasting, comfortable, easy to use, not likely to run out at inopportune times, cheap pen

So do I go for a £8 parker to begin with or a £1 99 multipack of "comfort" pens?!

S1ur Thu 04-Sep-08 00:09:54

Well obv you need both a bit. but really you need those lovely ink biro types, my fave ever, will see if I can link.

Alambil Thu 04-Sep-08 00:10:01

o bollox, meant to put this in chat... ignore me!

S1ur Thu 04-Sep-08 00:11:58

No shan't you are being very unreasonable.

FFS some people don't have the choice about the pen they use you insensitive sod.

grin

Alambil Thu 04-Sep-08 00:12:38

PMSL!

callmeovercautious Thu 04-Sep-08 00:14:36

Gel pens all the way. When marking students scripts that was all I used. If I ever used a biro I was crippled for hours after just 2 papers.

If you are taking notes and not used to handwriting then a gel pen is easier on the wrist. I think the brand I used was "zoo" but there are loads of cheap ones in Tesco now.

hobnob Thu 04-Sep-08 00:14:40

Choose whichever you can write most quickly and comfortably with. How about lots of cheap ones, then you won't stress about losing them? Good luck!

Not a very helpful suggestion, I grant you.

Sazisi Thu 04-Sep-08 00:16:46

<cough>indecisive<cough>
sorry blush

S1ur Thu 04-Sep-08 00:19:29

You couldn't let it lie Saz. Tut, of course the rest of us noticed but we were too polite to mention it, but oh no, not you.

<pretends to have noticed very obvious mistake>

wink

Alambil Thu 04-Sep-08 00:35:08

Slur you are making me LOL!

I am used to writing - was not so long ago that I did my degree; I spent a LOT of money on pens for that because I did so much writing... so I'm wondering if a refillable one is going to be wiser.

Hmmmmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now