Talk

Advanced search

Is it me or do alot of the same people continually feed the trolls?

(31 Posts)
FlameproofArmor Wed 03-Sep-08 22:57:32

Or at least taunt the people they perceive to be trolls?

There seem to be the same names appearing on 'suspected troll' threads time after time as if they do not learn to either answer a question properly or leave the heck alone.

VinegarTits Wed 03-Sep-08 22:58:49

I fed them if i am bored enough, why does it bother you?

FlameproofArmor Wed 03-Sep-08 23:05:55

I'm disappointed! Are you the only troll-beater up at this time of night VinegarTits or have I offended everyone?

Is it cos I is not inflammatory enuff?

FabioFlangeCat Wed 03-Sep-08 23:07:30

I think it's a shame when people cry TROLL! instead of playing along, which can be funnier.

MatNanPlus Wed 03-Sep-08 23:07:35

i often can't be bothered tbh FlamePA

ScottishMummy Wed 03-Sep-08 23:13:10

Doh!you rigorously pour over troll threads and you notice names,but righteously don't partake

lol

do you have a list of names or are you just a sticky beak

BillsHut Thu 04-Sep-08 10:08:43

What do you feed them? quiche?

southeastastra Thu 04-Sep-08 10:09:41

no billy goats

HIPPYFLIPPY Thu 04-Sep-08 10:18:16

Englighten this new MN please - what is trolls and trolling?

ScottishMummy Thu 04-Sep-08 10:23:26

troll - deliberately provocative post just to wind folk up.usually implausible and easily spotted

trolling- deliberate name changing and posting provocative posts to elicit a response

AMumInScotland Thu 04-Sep-08 10:38:37

If I'm not sure if it's a troll, and I think there is a useful point to be made, I'll reply on the assumption that either they are genuine and could use the advice, or that someone else might go looking on the same subject and benefit from my immense wisdom and empathy grin.

And if I'm bored, I'll sometimes play along in the hope that it becomes one of the amusing kind, not the usual pointless shit stuff.

Lazarou Thu 04-Sep-08 10:45:42

Sometimes they can be quite amusing, and they don't offend me.

nickytwotimes Thu 04-Sep-08 10:50:08

Oh, I love reading some of the trolly threads. They liven things up a bit.

Must admit I rarely feed them, prefer to lurk.

ScottishMummy Thu 04-Sep-08 10:53:24

like funny trolls.like chucking fish to seals they take the bait.got to be in mood though

VictorianSqualor Thu 04-Sep-08 10:56:48

Troll threads don't bother me, I normally answer them as if they were real incase someone who isn't a troll needs advice for the same sort of situation and reads it.
I don't like crying 'TROLL!' either, cos I remember one young girl who was asking for help wrt cooking and making up bottles and got called a troll, when in fact she was just a 16yr old who was taking care of her parents and her baby that wanted some advicesad

AMumInScotland Thu 04-Sep-08 10:59:05

I'd sooner play with some of the obvious trolls than on some of the threads where people keep dragging their arguments all round the boards!

HIPPYFLIPPY Thu 04-Sep-08 13:41:16

Hmm interesting . . . shall look out for the trolls with anticipation. New to this site, but liking it so far. Has a cosy feel to it, with a few prickly bits thrown in grin

HIPPYFLIPPY Thu 04-Sep-08 13:41:18

Hmm interesting . . . shall look out for the trolls with anticipation. New to this site, but liking it so far. Has a cosy feel to it, with a few prickly bits thrown in grin

OrmIrian Thu 04-Sep-08 13:43:19

Do you feed trolls with billy goat?

Iklboo Thu 04-Sep-08 13:44:23

You gotta troll with it, you gotta take the time, you gotta say what you say.....

DaphneMoon Thu 04-Sep-08 13:53:14

Some of the trolls end up making quite an interesting discussion in the end without intending to! Some of them are funny. It is simple if you think it is a troll, then don't post. Go to another thread if it bothers you that much.

hecate Thu 04-Sep-08 14:01:25

blush sometimes I poke the trolls with a big stick because I want to. Am I very bad?

wehaveallbeenthere Thu 04-Sep-08 14:04:07

Just think how boring this world would be without the trolls? I'm not argumentative but trolls strike me as children. They get attention any way they can. Naughty trolls getting attention is better than no attention.

solidgoldbrass Thu 04-Sep-08 14:04:15

Oh, troll baiting is great fun.

Twiglett Thu 04-Sep-08 14:04:25

troll-de-roll

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now