Talk

Advanced search

that you should be reasonably quiet in a library?

(11 Posts)
poppy34 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:02:52

in library yesterday - little boy (must have been about 5/6) shouting to his mother and generally squealing being very loud in main area - loud enough to wake dd but that is not really point .. aibu that this is a bit off as was very distracting to be this boisterous in a library. I know it must be didfficult with lo sometimes but theree= is a fab kids area with toys in where you can sit, play and make as much noise as you like so there is a place for him to be little boy like if he wants.

have no idea -aibu or is the old idea of quiet in libraries something that has disapepared with other parts of my youth like crown court on tv?

FluffyMummy123 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:03:35

Message withdrawn

Ronaldinhio Wed 03-Sep-08 11:04:26

ssssssssscccchhhhhhh

poppy34 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:05:13

sigh..thought it might be- I have been thinking I'm getting old lately so now have comfirmation of fact...am now going off to hunt out the dr scholls site on website and see if I can book a holiday to madeira..

Ronaldinhio Wed 03-Sep-08 11:14:01

or have some maderia cake and a nice sit down
wink

poppy34 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:16:15

I am sitting down as standing too long plays havoc with my varicose veins...if only womans weekly had a website...

AbbaFan Wed 03-Sep-08 11:17:41

My library is definitely not as quiet as it used to be. I do encourage DC's to be quiet in there, but would not be hmm if other were noisy.

Ronaldinhio Wed 03-Sep-08 11:20:27

You can get some nice barely black support tights for that poppy

poppy34 Wed 03-Sep-08 11:53:36

personally I prefer american tan ronaldinho.. takes me back to the war when the GIs were over.

abbafan - think will take same stance wiht dd -ie there are places you are quieter than others..and accept that the world has moved on since 1943

Libraries aren't what they used to be. The New Style Library no longer has Librarians but Information Navigators/Assistants, no issue desks but "Rovers" which are Assistants mingling in the library with a laptop to answer your query, your books are remotely issued to you as you leave the building by reading the chip in your card and the chip in the books, you don't even need to take them out of your bag. Libraries now even have cafe/coffee shops.

Oh, and some are now known as "Idea Stores". I kid thee not.

cornsilk Wed 03-Sep-08 15:57:14

5/6 I would think would be difficult to keep quiet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now