Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect my best friend not to contact my ex ?

(8 Posts)
INeedAHolidayInTheSun Tue 02-Sep-08 16:25:21

I found out yesterday that my bestfriend had been texting my ex the night befor and she didnt tell me . i Found out of a friend of his . To make it worse , he had texted her to ask how i was , and ask question about me and our relationship and if it could start up again . i am furious she didnt tell me . as i still deaply love him . Anyhow i went round to her house to discus it and she said ... " I WAS OVER REACTING and making a big fuss over nothing " . i could kill her .

fransmom Tue 02-Sep-08 16:26:49

hmm i would be upset too but only cos i don't want him back.(((((((((((((()))))))))))

lilolilmanchester Tue 02-Sep-08 16:34:21

I can see why you're upset - but if she's your best friend, presumably she has a good relationship with him too, so it's not surprising that he wants to talk to her before talking to you? Perhaps she didn't want to tell you because she thought you'd be upset? It's hard being friends with couples who split up because you don't want to be disloyal, on the other hand you often end up in the middle. Not sure that's what you wanted to hear but this is based on my experience of being stuck in the middle.

lulumama Tue 02-Sep-08 16:35:56

if he is not mature enough to speak to you about getting back together, then you should be cross with him too
and she should have been more loyal to you

you should be equally cross with the pair of them

mind if i ask how old you are? and was it a long term relationship?

INeedAHolidayInTheSun Tue 02-Sep-08 16:36:58

Yeah i can understand that and it helps to hear it stright . i jst wish she had told me stright away . But on the other hand i can understand why she wouldnt...

lilolilmanchester Tue 02-Sep-08 16:39:25

but it depends on the nature of the conversation, I suppose. On the one hand I agree with lulumama, on the other hand, I still agree with what I wrote!! Not easy - but it's not worth falling out with your mate over unless you really feel like she's let you down. Think it over, and then try to have another conversation with her when you've got over the shock of it all.

lilolilmanchester Tue 02-Sep-08 16:40:06

I should have said "perhaps" - it wasn't an order!!

INeedAHolidayInTheSun Tue 02-Sep-08 16:44:19

Oh i am 25 and it was a two year relationship . It all ended very bad and complecated with lots of getting back together then breaking up again on the last 2 months .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now