Talk

Advanced search

To not do the ironing like i said i would?

(41 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Tue 02-Sep-08 13:06:18

Message withdrawn

mrslurkalot Tue 02-Sep-08 13:11:59

You are NBU. Men cannot understand how tired you are at the beginning of your pregnancy and often think that just because you haven't got a giant bump you aremaking it up! ironing was the one thing I found really hard and in the end we compromised and he did his own (lots of shirts) and I did mine and DS's (took no time). Congratulations, relax and enjoy your pregnancy if you can! By the way, I found it soooo much easier looking after a newborn and toddler than being pregnant with a toddler!

cornflakegirl Tue 02-Sep-08 13:12:38

Why not pay someone else to do it for a couple of months?

BlingLovin Tue 02-Sep-08 13:12:52

You are fair, but I'd a) drag myself up and iron whatever it is that he/I/DS needs most in the next 24 hours and b) send him a message/tell him when next I speak to him to warn him before he gets home and finds it there.

Ronaldinhio Tue 02-Sep-08 13:13:04

Given the other threads that are on the go I'm frightened to say YANBU in case you tell me that your Dh's life depends on ironing or that it is your only source of income but
YANBU, fuck the ironing. No one ever died from wearing unironed clothes.

mumblechum Tue 02-Sep-08 13:14:47

How about you do it sitting at a kitchen stool or something? And only do enough to get you through the next day or two, hopefully you'll be feeling a bit better soon.

And I think if you don't get better, he should take his shirts to the laundry. it only costs about a fiver to get 5 workshirts washed and ironed. Kids' stuff can just be folded up.

TheHedgeWitch Tue 02-Sep-08 13:15:31

Message withdrawn

Ronaldinhio Tue 02-Sep-08 13:16:43

THW then FUCK THE IRONING NO ONE EVER DIED FROM UNIRONED CLOTHES!!
gringringringrin

Neeerly3 Tue 02-Sep-08 13:18:27

I'm trying to source you an ironing board with a seat on it, like I have (mines over 50 years old mind you), I am 15 weeks preg and so far haven't missed a beat as regards ironing as I can sit watching my fav programs on tele while doing it....watch this space.....

VictorianSqualor Tue 02-Sep-08 13:19:07

I'd do it sat down and only do what was desperately needed.
Then tell him when he comes home that you pushed yourself too far taking ds to the park with the SPD and that although you've done the important bits the rest can wait.

FWIW, I don't iron anything except shirts unless I go to wear it and it's creased. Much easier to iron a couple of things a day than a whole bunch of stuff.

blowsy Tue 02-Sep-08 13:20:07

If my dh even implied that I should have done ironing or indeed any household chore, well! Let's say he'd regret it!

cornsilk Tue 02-Sep-08 13:20:51

No way, don't do it. He can iron his own stuff if he's bothered. We live in an iron free zone.

Neeerly3 Tue 02-Sep-08 13:24:01

hmmm, seems they don't exist anymore and you sure as 'eck ain't getting mine! sowwy!

stretchmarkqueen Tue 02-Sep-08 13:28:26

neeerly 3, can you not lower the ironing board, then use a dining chair to sit on?

TheHedgeWitch Tue 02-Sep-08 13:29:00

Message withdrawn

Neeerly3 Tue 02-Sep-08 13:35:53

i don't have a dining suite, but yes you could i guess - but with mine the seat is incorportated, so at perfect height, plus it was a hand me down, so freee!

Poppycake Tue 02-Sep-08 13:44:07

I find that the ikea bar stools are perfect for sitting on for ironing - we have the ones with padded seats and backs

Sammyg81 Tue 02-Sep-08 13:47:51

Ironing is the one thing i avoid like the plague! Everyone seems to always be doing it?? I make sure everything is shaken out when it's drying, then folded away, it seems to keep most of the creases out! I do it as and when the clothes are needed.

If my partner needs his shirts ironing he does it. Partly as i did such a crap job before, that he prefers to do it himself.wink

I do everything else...dinners are always cooked, house is usuallyclean and tidy (apartfrom the occasional off day), kids are well looked after. So i don't see why i can't let one thing slip...grin.

In other words tell him you're knackered and he should help you do some!! x

battleaxeready Tue 02-Sep-08 14:23:40

You ABU - how lazy. You are only pregnant and not ill.

VictorianSqualor Tue 02-Sep-08 14:31:13

She has SPD.

battleaxeready Tue 02-Sep-08 14:32:13

So, we all have problems. Get off your arse and do it.

herbietea Tue 02-Sep-08 14:35:20

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Tue 02-Sep-08 14:35:43

i don't iron. none of us ever died.

sagacious Tue 02-Sep-08 14:36:50

battleaxe.... WTF?

Ahh hang on

AIBU

As you were...

battleaxeready Tue 02-Sep-08 14:38:45

I wish pregnant women would stop bloody moaning. If you don't want to suffer don't get yourself up the duff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now