Talk

Advanced search

to think that you should not need or want to smoke a joint whilst at a safari park ?

(179 Posts)
kormachameleon Mon 01-Sep-08 23:19:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mamazon Mon 01-Sep-08 23:21:21

that is awful.

there really is no excuse for that.

moondog Mon 01-Sep-08 23:23:24

Pathetic isn't it?
As sad as needing a can of Special Brew at every opp.

kormachameleon Mon 01-Sep-08 23:25:36

UniversallyChallenged Mon 01-Sep-08 23:33:34

did security have a word do you think?

kormachameleon Mon 01-Sep-08 23:42:20

LuLuMacGloo Mon 01-Sep-08 23:45:21

How odd. Unless it was medicinal - MS or something?

cheesesarnie Mon 01-Sep-08 23:45:26

'you can only imagine what her homelife is like'
i grew up around weed.my home life was actually quite happy.(sorry but had to say)

Mamazon Mon 01-Sep-08 23:47:24

most people i know who self medictae using such things will normally make it into tea or biscuits when out of the house.

kormachameleon Mon 01-Sep-08 23:51:06

cheesesarnie Mon 01-Sep-08 23:54:53

(was my dad) and no not in those circumstances.it is obviously not good on safari but my post was about the comment 'you can only imagine what her homelife is like '.which seing as your dh is outside smoking a joint,if someone else made that comment about your child you'd be bit unamused?(if im making sense?)

kormachameleon Tue 02-Sep-08 00:01:35

kormachameleon Tue 02-Sep-08 00:09:02

solidgoldbrass Tue 02-Sep-08 00:34:50

It is a bit daft to do it in public. After all, if someone had decided to call the police and an overzealous newbie plod had turned up and nicked her, that would have rather messed up her little girl's afternoon, wouldn't it?

Cammelia Tue 02-Sep-08 01:17:20

Korma, you are one big hypocrite, girl

<Cam apologises in advance for "personal" remark, but it needs to be said>

You better hope some nosy neighbour doesn't think your dh is as wrong as you thought the woman at the park

knockedgymnast Tue 02-Sep-08 03:33:03

...girl's mother smokes it, son's dad smokes it...

zippitippitoes Tue 02-Sep-08 03:55:09

crikey

it does seem a bit of a strange double standard

espercially the remark what can her home life be like

when you believe it is fine for your dh to smoke at home

i wouldnt be too sure thast your neighbours may not notice and have the view its bad for your son like you had the view of this for the girl at the park

zippitippitoes Tue 02-Sep-08 05:06:23

do you think maybe you are repressing your true feelings about dh smoking weed

your comment about the little girls home life...could it be that maybe you do feel strongly about dhs habit but arent admitting it to yourself

your shock at seeing this in public has maybe shocked you and made you see things at home in a new light..from a different perspective

MrsDanversApron Tue 02-Sep-08 08:32:15

I was almost with you...only almost mind...until you said that your DH was in the garden toking on a dooby.

ClareVoiant Tue 02-Sep-08 08:53:37

Was it definately weed though? When i gave up smoking once, i used herbal tobacco substitue, and by god, it smelt just like weed. I used to get the strangest looks.

tiredemma Tue 02-Sep-08 09:01:21

How can you possibly comment on this girls 'homelife' whilst your DH is engaging in similar behaviour?

How odd ( and incredibly hypocritical)

stripeymama Tue 02-Sep-08 09:08:52

Oh lord.

How hypocritical. And how judgemental.

How does the scenario you describe mean the child has an unhappy home life?? Ok, a safari park is not really the best time to indulge in a spliff (I'm surprised they allow smoking at all these days) but I don't get the extrapolation you have come up with at all. To many people its no different to alcohol - would you say the same about an adult having a beer on a day out with dc?

FioFio Tue 02-Sep-08 09:11:25

Message withdrawn

zippitippitoes Tue 02-Sep-08 09:48:14

are you more worried than you thought about your dh smoking weed do you think korma

OrmIrian Tue 02-Sep-08 09:50:47

Are you 100% sure that is what it was. Years ago I was trying to cut down and bought some nicotine free herbal fags. They had quite a weed-ish sort of smell. They were also vile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now