Talk

Advanced search

To expect exh to spend time with both dcs, not to palm one off at a time with new girlfriend?

(4 Posts)
weebleswobble Mon 01-Sep-08 22:18:26

I couldn't believe what dcs told me when they came back from their holiday with the exh and his girlfriend of 4 months. Dcs are nearly 15 and 12.

They said that when they see their dad in future, they will be split up and each one taking it in turns to spend a whole day with either their dad or his girlfriend and meet up at the end of the day. He says this is so he gets quality time with each of them. This is the dad who only wants to see them on a regular basis when he has a girlfriend.

Am I the only one who think's this is odd?

negril Mon 01-Sep-08 22:24:54

have a word with him and if u cant get through to him then talk to his family. i dont think that his girlfriend would put up with this because i wouldnt and my partner has a son and i havent even met his son and we have three children together. and hes only known her for 4 months how does ur sons feel about the whole thing.

weebleswobble Mon 01-Sep-08 22:31:20

I will talk to him about it when I calm down but I don't talk to any of his family, so that part is out of the question.

I may be out of line here, but I think the new girlfriend must be okay with this arrangement. She doesn't have children and I think she's enjoying playing 'mum' by the sound of things.

The boys seem to be fine with the arrangement and I know they're not babies, but he hasn't known her very long and I don't like the idea of her disappearing with them on her own for a day. I'm probably sounding like an over-protective mother now but that's just how I feel.

MrsSnorty Mon 01-Sep-08 22:47:51

YANBU - that is ridiculous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now