Talk

Advanced search

to want to have this baby NOW?

(20 Posts)
naturalblonde Mon 01-Sep-08 21:36:09

Am 37+5, and I am SOOOOOO bored of pregnancy. I'm fat, swollen, have heartburn, niggling pains, I can't get out of bed or off the sofa without help, can't put shoes or socks on, I'm exhausted and am generally FED UP! (and let's not forget, maybe just a little bit hormonal)

And I could have another month of this if I go overdue. Even my dd (2) keeps saying 'baby out'

So AIBU? Go on, say I am. I dare ya!

ja9 Mon 01-Sep-08 21:39:43

I feel for you. I felt like that ... and i can remember the pain of it all 18 mths on.

Baby out baby out baby out!

onepieceoflollipop Mon 01-Sep-08 21:40:12

At this stage every day seems to last a week. Everyone helpfully says "oh get some sleep now as you won't get any when the baby is born" and laughs at their own wit like a hyena/

NO YANBU.

Hope all goes well with the birth etc.

lilymolly Mon 01-Sep-08 21:40:18

YES YABUgrin

I went 42 weeks so you have 4 more weeks to go before you get any sympathy from me wink

No really my heart goes out to you...hope lo comes out safe and sound very soon for you

iliketosleep Mon 01-Sep-08 21:40:33

You are most definatly not, you are where I was 4 weeks ago but.......

I went overdue and was induced last wednesday at 41+3.

So glad to feel 'comfy' again but now I'm that I will never feel a baby kick me or feel it wriggling about etc (last one )

Good luck and I know you wont believe me but it really does fly!!

PortBlacksandResident Mon 01-Sep-08 21:49:38

My Dr told me a woman is usually pregnant for 38 weeks and 2 years!

missorinoco Mon 01-Sep-08 21:50:33

yabnormal.

i remember sitting in the bath at this stage, prodding my belly saying "out now baby".

good luck. hope it goes not too uncomfortably.

naturalblonde Mon 01-Sep-08 22:03:11

I'd even consider having it without drugs at the moment. hmm

Iliketosleep - congrats on new baby, is it a boy or girl? Am trying to make the most of all the wriggles and kicks but I still have this overwhelming desire to whinge and moan and feel sorry for myself. smile

My poor dh. It's lucky my hands and so swollen I can't get my wedding ring off cos I suspect he's regretting it now!!

Thank you for all your sympathy ladies, more please!!

LittleMyDancing Mon 01-Sep-08 22:05:12

Baby out, Baby out, Baby out, Baby out!

grin

Oh I was like that, I was pleading with my bump daily from 34 weeks. (Both times blush). grin

iliketosleep Tue 02-Sep-08 01:19:02

Little girl, pics on profile

naturalblonde Tue 02-Sep-08 07:23:44

She's gorgeous!! Really can't wait to see mine now. Still not out btw.

hatrick Tue 02-Sep-08 07:40:40

Message withdrawn

iliketosleep Tue 02-Sep-08 08:20:24

aw lol, do you know what your having?

idontbelieveit Tue 02-Sep-08 08:35:46

i went to 42+1 so i have no sympathy yet! wink
yanbu, the last bit's awful.

naturalblonde Tue 02-Sep-08 09:16:03

Don't know what it is.
I really feel for all of you that went to 42 weeks. That'll be my punishment for being such a grumpy old cow to my dh over the lat few weeks!

jennieflower Tue 02-Sep-08 09:23:12

I'm 39+4 today and just as fed up us you sad

pamelat Tue 02-Sep-08 11:49:28

I remember being sat in a cafe (by myself) and the lady asking me when I was due and when I said "5 days ago", she really freaked out!! I think she wanted me out of there sharp

Go out, its worth it for the shock value of telling people!

naturalblonde Tue 02-Sep-08 16:54:29

I remember going to a restaurant with dh when I was about 39 wks with my dd, and we were served so fast, we must have had 3 courses in 30 mins! They really wanted me outa there!

Have just been to buy last few baby bits today - sling and a buggy board for dd. Not helping with my impatience!

waitingtobloom Tue 02-Sep-08 20:13:16

Am joining you - am 39+4 and unbelievably fed up - DS was born by now. Seem to be surrounded by people telling me I am going to go really over dates. Great...

And what is it with peoples fear of you - do they really think you are suddenly going to go into labour and have the baby 2 minutes later on the floor? Have watched too many soaps lol
Huge hugs and def YANBU
xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now