Talk

Advanced search

when DH took EVERYTHING to the tip rather than wait for me to take to charity shop?

(12 Posts)
Marchbirthday Mon 01-Sep-08 19:44:39

Why? Why? can't he find one day's worth of patience? I told him I was free today and could take lovely clothes (too small) hardly used toys (but now DSs and DD too old) and even metal (everyone want's it, stipping off church roofs, etc)... but NO, he has to queue in the 50 minute global warming, asthma generating fume traffic pile to put it into the only general household open in West London on a Sunday!!

nametaken Mon 01-Sep-08 20:21:22

sounds like something i'd do, just to get rid of the bloody stuff blush have you ever told him you'd do something and then not done it? Perhaps he didn't think you'd really do it.

LuLuMacGloo Mon 01-Sep-08 20:23:29

YANBU. Sounds like exactly the sort of thing that DH would go. It's horrible seeing stuff 'dumped' that other people could use. I would be angry .

badgermonkey Mon 01-Sep-08 20:26:57

At our tip there is tons of recycling bins/charity bins, but they go through it all and end up recycling 80% of what is left there, so if yours is like that it won't end up in landfill anyway. I've seen them literally rummage through bags and take out anything at all recyclable (even if you didn't think it was!)

VoluptuaGoodshag Mon 01-Sep-08 20:33:38

Are all DHs the same???? Mine did exactly this a couple of months ago. He suddenly de-clutters to the nth degree because we're selling our house but cannot wait one more day for me to 'freecycle' or charity shop it! It really pisses me off

WilfSell Mon 01-Sep-08 20:37:30

Ah but are you a secret retriever hoarder?

My DH promises to recycle, charity shop stuff but somehow 'forgets' and puts it off and then secretes stuff earmarked for chucking back into the house.

Perhaps YABU if this is the case...

SqueakyPop Mon 01-Sep-08 20:38:30

Our local tip recycles clothes to good homes (not just to fibre recyclers).

verylapsedrunner Mon 01-Sep-08 20:39:00

I admit I have done this (we've just moved house & country so I can empathise). Yes I hold on to things to give to charity etc but sometimes they just have to go (to the tip), and as badgermonkey says, the tips do have recycling bins.

retiredgoth Mon 01-Sep-08 20:44:17

YABU

....the lovely (if fearsome) Mrs Goth often suspected me (rightly) of this same crime. She was similarly incandescent as I recall. However, I am sure she was related to Mr Trebus of "A Life of Grime" fame.

...when she snuffed it I took all the seats out of my Galaxy and took fifty, yes five-O full car loads of shite to the tip. I remain on nodding acquaintance with the operatives there.

In my defence I took all of the lovely (if fearsome) Mrs Goth's clothes to the charity shop, a rather overwhelmed little Sally Army outlet which was selected as I could park outside....

WilfSell Mon 01-Sep-08 20:46:46

Can I marry you MrGoth? I am married to Mr TRebus actually.

retiredgoth Mon 01-Sep-08 20:56:18

....and, I forgot to add, would you REALLY have taken the stuff to the charity shop?

I recall similar bags of stuff cluttering up our hall for months on such a promise, waiting "for so and so to check through to see if they want any of it".

...on a few occasions, when feeling brave (or foolish) I scooped up said bags and took 'em to the "special" charity shop devoted to filling in unpleasant holes in the ground.

With your DH on this one....

LuLuMacGloo Mon 01-Sep-08 22:07:47

Sorry to sound like a tight arse here but if you are putting stuff in a car to take to a tip, how much harder is it to take to a charity shop? They are both just one trip?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now