Talk

Advanced search

to be gutted that my kids are going back to school?

(97 Posts)
memoo Mon 01-Sep-08 16:21:56

Everyone I know is practically counting down the hours until their DC go back to school but I'm gutted! I really love the time we have together in the hols, hate all the routine and rushing around during term time.

When I tell friends that I don't want my kids to go back to school they look at me like I have two heads!

highschoolmusical Mon 01-Sep-08 16:25:41

I can't wait.grin But your nbu.

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Mon 01-Sep-08 16:26:09

haha!! DH read the term dates wrong and tomorrow is a teacher training day, up until about 2hrs ago DS was going back tomorrow!! grin i'm so chuffed to have an extra day with him!!

JT109 Mon 01-Sep-08 16:36:04

i agree, i love not having to get dressed before 11am. and no packed lunches to make.. im so lazy (blush)

highschoolmusical Mon 01-Sep-08 16:40:51

JT,

Thats the thing - I'm missing the push having to get the kids to school gives me. The first week enjoyed the go slow life but after that got a bit fed up plus the fact my 2 are starting to do my swede in.grin

PoorOldEnid Mon 01-Sep-08 16:41:56

I am looking forward to getting back into a routine tbh

but have really enjoyed hols despite being stuck in house (rain, broken foot) for most of it

Anna8888 Mon 01-Sep-08 16:42:29

I'm looking forward to some time and space to clear up the accumulated summer mess and to catch up with my girlfriends.

But I hate the morning rush. And the summer hasn't been great - I feel cheated sad

Dogsby Mon 01-Sep-08 16:42:38

ues am broed now
althos had a ncie day at stourhead today

Dogsby Mon 01-Sep-08 16:43:12

ooh annas got girldfreinds

<flashback to odl thread>

PoorOldEnid Mon 01-Sep-08 16:43:40

yes agree

bored

we went to stourhead yesterday

BUGGY FREE for the first time

<<wears party hat blows whistle>>

tiredemma Mon 01-Sep-08 16:44:18

I must be a shite mother.

I cannot wait for them to back. Im almost going to bed at night and hoping that I wake up on Friday morning when they go back.

Dogsby Mon 01-Sep-08 16:44:40

OH MY GOD!!!! we missed by a day!
hwo odd
ill meet oyu thre for lunch some time

bythepowerofgreyskull Mon 01-Sep-08 16:45:10

yanbu but I don't feel the same.
we have had a fabulous summer but that is because I knew school would start in September. I would find havign ds1 at home all ay every day too much.. he is one of those children who saves his grumps for me and is an absolute angel for everyone else.

expatinscotland Mon 01-Sep-08 16:46:08

YABU

dd1 is retained at stage and won't be in full-time nursery till end of October and she's driving me spare.

WAY too much energy. normally i'd wear them both out by making them walk taking htem on lovely hikes, but i'm 32 weeks pregnant and my body's creaking.

i can't wait till the two of them are in school all day.

if i won the lotto, i'd put them both in nursery full time at least 3x/week.

children weren't made to be in Mummy's pocket all the time. it's only this past warped 30 years of so that that has come to pass.

Takver Mon 01-Sep-08 16:46:13

YANBU - DD & I could definitely do with another few weeks of holidays, at least until the nights draw in and the weather gets cold.
I think I am right in thinking that private school children get longer holidays? Clearly another case of discrimination against the hard-working majority in favour of the rich! Perhaps I should write to my MP grin

PoorOldEnid Mon 01-Sep-08 16:46:20

yy! I love the cafe. Friends insisted on drink in pub instead angry (crap tea)

Dogsby Mon 01-Sep-08 16:47:59

noi cafe shit for our kids we did pub
the kdis meals were cack

expatinscotland Mon 01-Sep-08 16:50:31

no to cafe. yes to pub.

julienoshoes Mon 01-Sep-08 16:52:43

YANBU but then you could home educate them-and never have to send them back!

Our local home education group will be celebrating having all of our venues to meet back again.
Empty cinema's/iceskating rinks/beaches/parks
because most children are back in school and the home ed groups will have freedom to enjoy all of these places again
wink

expatinscotland Mon 01-Sep-08 16:53:12

home-educating would be like my idea of hell.

PoorOldEnid Mon 01-Sep-08 16:53:14

oh I have never actually fed my kids there properly

we like the cakes though

and I am coffee addict

expatinscotland Mon 01-Sep-08 16:53:38

i am a wine addict.

Fimbo Mon 01-Sep-08 16:56:07

I don't want to have to be socialable to people again wink

tiredemma Mon 01-Sep-08 16:56:23

I would rather stick rusty old pins into my eyes than endure a home education type set up with my kids.
My blood runs cold at the thought.

I love them, but God I would have to find a massive amount of tolerance from somewhere.

expatinscotland Mon 01-Sep-08 16:57:08

i'd have to mainline whisky for that to work for me, too, tired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now