Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed about someone else having a photo of her and my dp as a profile picture??

(67 Posts)
Aimsmum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:29:21

Message withdrawn

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Sun 31-Aug-08 20:30:47

I think that's really sad of her.

ScottishMummy Sun 31-Aug-08 20:31:11

she sounds like a scarey starey bampot.best avoided

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Sun 31-Aug-08 20:32:29

Ps, send her this message via facebook. Do you have an account yourself?

To quote what you said

"Is it not a bit odd to have your profile picture of you and someone else's boyfriend?"

Overmydeadbody Sun 31-Aug-08 20:32:56

you are justified in your annoyance I think, but, I bet she wants you and/or your DP to mention it or comment on it and generally make it inot a big deal.

I would completely ignore it and not rise to the bait. She wants you to react. If you don't you'll be the one smiling and she will be the one left all annoyed.

TechWhoBreaksThingsMNHQ Sun 31-Aug-08 20:33:17

It is odd of her

Bewilderbeast Sun 31-Aug-08 20:33:28

I think with those particular circumstances and history of her behaviour I would feel uncomfortable with the picture but I don't know if i'd have asked dp to ask her to take it down.

Overmydeadbody Sun 31-Aug-08 20:34:02

No No No don't do what thenaughtiestgirl suggested. Don't send her a message or comment on it, that is what she is waiting for. It will make her smug to know she can have a control over you like this.

pinkspottywellies Sun 31-Aug-08 20:34:05

I think she's being very odd and a bit very desparate. Would messaging her on fb make her think that she's got you rattled though?

3littlefrogs Sun 31-Aug-08 20:34:14

She sounds as if she has a lot of problems, and could become a real pain. He needs to distance himself from her, even if it means distancing himself from the whole group. Either she is very young, immature and silly, or she is exhibiting stalkerish behaviour.

No, you are not unreasonable.

Gobbledigook Sun 31-Aug-08 20:34:49

Regardless of the background I'd not be happy.

bergentulip Sun 31-Aug-08 20:35:57

Oh, she wants him alright.

I remember doing something vaguely similar when I was a teenager. Before days of profile pages etc... obviously.
I was all "but we're just good friends now, you know it does not mean anything" "huff huff, how can you be so sensitive"..... yadee yadee yada.

Watch her, she'll be up to something, in a teenage, childish, can't let the past lie, kind of way.
By the sounds of things.

beanieb Sun 31-Aug-08 20:36:54

It is odd, but if you completely trust that your DP is not in any way interested you shouldn't let it bother you. Or at least don't let her know it does. Stay cool.

Anna8888 Sun 31-Aug-08 20:37:08

Fatal Attraction...

beanieb Sun 31-Aug-08 20:37:40

oh - you already have!

Aimsmum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:37:57

Message withdrawn

ScottishMummy Sun 31-Aug-08 20:38:53

maybe she sits in her rocking chair in bates motel whistling to herself staring at the photo

creepy

she is clearly heid case

avoid

expatinscotland Sun 31-Aug-08 20:39:25

ignore it.

she's a pitiful bunny boiler.

LackaDAISYcal Sun 31-Aug-08 20:39:46

she sounds like a right old nutter. YANBU

I wouldn't presume to put anyone else's photo on my facebook profile without asking their permission first and I think your DP should be annoyed that she did regardless of any distant friendship between them.

She sounds like she is doing this to provoke a reaction, sadly. What an empty life she must lead.

Aimsmum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:40:41

Message withdrawn

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 31-Aug-08 20:41:08

do you have a bunny? Keep it locked inits cage if so........ YANBU

Aimsmum Sun 31-Aug-08 20:42:25

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Sun 31-Aug-08 20:43:05

my ex h had a stalker like this.

he only went on a couple of dates with her, too. truly.

she was the sister of his neighbour and kept hanging round.

i was so glad when we moved out of that townhouse.

she kept spying on us.

ScottishMummy Sun 31-Aug-08 20:44:23

she is probably trying to provoke a reaction.serenely smile.internally seethe.

presume she doesn't have a boyfriend of her own then?

don't leave your wee thumper out in the hut
or clothes on the line

she will be off with them.........

expatinscotland Sun 31-Aug-08 20:50:24

i agree, SM. i never rose to this gal. she'd phone up, crying, looking for him, ask him to BBQs or into her sister's house for a drink or two (in front of me, btw), shit like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now