Talk

Advanced search

to be so sad my ds is starting school next week

(6 Posts)
mrshall Sat 30-Aug-08 14:54:27

I know it doesn't make any sense and that he'll really enjoy himself, but I feel like I'm letting go of him in a way. My DH doesn't understand.Is this normal?

I feel really miserable

chocolatecakeforbreakfast Sat 30-Aug-08 15:01:08

Totally normal, i felt exactly the same. Actally couldn't talk about my DS starting school the whole summer leading up to it without crying. It feels a bit like they're leaving you - you're handing them over to someone else for the majority of their day and it does take a little getting used to. Just be really strong on the day, give him a big kiss and a wave, then take a deep breath and walk away - you can have a good cry once you're out of sight! Would imagine every other mum from his class will be feeling exactly the same as you - it's a big step.

mankymummy Sat 30-Aug-08 15:04:34

Cried my eyes out when DS blew out the 3 candles on his cake this week. god knows how i will be when he goes to school. my sympathies...

highschoolmusical Sat 30-Aug-08 15:11:05

YANBU. I was happy when DD started school! She is an older child and was v. v. ready. However, there were other mums who were blubbing away. Am a bit nervous about no 2 going but as am PG - maybe not - who knows? He'll be fine and so will you.grin

LackaDAISYcal Sat 30-Aug-08 15:15:38

YANBU and this is pretty normal. It's a huge milestone in any child and parent's life and reperesents the end of an era really.

He'll be fine though....until he realises it's for keeps and then might not be so happy about it smile

pamelat Sun 31-Aug-08 18:48:40

I will be devasted when my DD goes to school. I will cry and cry and cry and then probably realise how fabulous it is that I wont be paying for nursery anymore grin

She is 4 years off school age but I think about it already.

A friend with 2 DD told me it was the hardest thing (emotionally) that she experienced. She said with nursery its different as its a choice and you could always turn up and just take them home if you so wish.

He'll love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now