Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want a bit of space to text unsuitable men, mnet to my hearts content, drink and smoke a bit too much and listen to my music?

(14 Posts)
abouteve Fri 29-Aug-08 23:57:14

AIBU I work very hard sometimes. Its the weekend, I don't go out often nowadays (too old) but I want a bit of space. Not from DP, dont have one, but from DD 14. Shouldn't she be out somewhere? God I need some space.

KerryMum Fri 29-Aug-08 23:59:03

yanbu. My two still won't go to sleep. Granted they are much younger.

I don't know if she should be out at this hour at 14 though. Not unless you want her pregnant or on drugs.

thornrose Sat 30-Aug-08 00:01:05

Yanbu. I have an 8yo who has been calling from her bedroom since she went to bed at 10. I am gritting my teeth so hard my jaw aches.

abouteve Sat 30-Aug-08 00:01:10

lol kerrymum, it is late now granted but just a bit of space at a reasonable hour is all I want, or at least she should be in bed not checking what I'm doing and tutting. grin

thornrose Sat 30-Aug-08 00:02:20

I told my dd half hour ago that if adults don't have time to themselves at night they become ill blush

abouteve Sat 30-Aug-08 00:10:48

Thornrose, I used to say that grin but when they get to teens they know you are not telling the truth!

Hopefully in a couple of years time I will be twitching the curtains waiting up for her. NOT. Can you tell I've got the speak?

ShyBaby Sat 30-Aug-08 00:12:07

Put your pc in the cupboard and lock yourself in...works for me grin

thornrose Sat 30-Aug-08 00:14:49

Glad I'm not the only one, felt a bit "evil" admitting that!

ShyBaby Sat 30-Aug-08 00:28:18

99% of the time i'm mum. Sometimes I get the urge to actually be someone else...like me maybe. I feel like tearing my hair out because I want to be me for just a couple of hours.

But then...if I get those hours I still sit here thinking I should be doing housework, so I think I am programmed somehow hmm

Sometimes I get the urge to do something naughty...like oooh text a man, then I dont...and realise im sad and boring grin

Joolyjoolyjoo Sat 30-Aug-08 00:34:03

YANBU- we all need a bit of space sometimes! I need my kids to go to bed- it's the only thing I am strict about. DH is in the forces, and especially when he has been away a lot and I have to do everything on my own, I find I absolutely need to have a few hours to myself at night or I would go mad! can she not go into her room and read a book or something if she isn't tired? Mine are younger and I do the "well, lie in your bed and think nice thoughts!" routine that my mum did on me! Also at 14, could she not go for sleepovers with friends? (although at some point that would admittedly involve you having said friends back to yours to giggle until the early hours, but might be worth it for a free night ir two!)

nappyaddict Sat 30-Aug-08 00:34:59

lock on your bedroom door?

thornrose Sat 30-Aug-08 00:35:16

I know what you mean!
I find myself staying up later and later at night to get time to myself and all I do is mumsnet, what's that about wink

Kimi Sat 30-Aug-08 00:50:34

ABOUTEVE, I am doing all of above apart from the unsuitable men and the smoking grin

anniemac Sat 30-Aug-08 01:16:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now