Talk

Advanced search

to be bored f****** rigid by the news coverage of the usa election

(11 Posts)
2shoes Fri 29-Aug-08 22:09:17

I do not live in the USA
surely something is happening somewhere else.
is is soooooooo boring

Ronaldinhio Fri 29-Aug-08 22:11:04

D'ya think that they will watch Tory Boy and the Broons with such dedication?

2shoes Fri 29-Aug-08 22:12:01

no but nor will I
IT IS so ott

Ronaldinhio Fri 29-Aug-08 22:13:52

I did think that the Obama speech was great but that whole fireworks and stadium thing was just cringe

LouMacca Fri 29-Aug-08 22:27:43

Bad News - I think that the amount of money being spent on the USA elections is disgusting considering how many USA cizitens are having their homes repossessed (sp?)

Good News - How fantastic is it that it looks like a black man will be the president of the USA. I never thought it would happen in my lifetime (apart from in 24 of course!)

LaVieEnRose Fri 29-Aug-08 22:28:56

I thought Obama came across as some kind of preacher. hmm

Although that probably goes down quite well in the US. he'd just get laughed off the stage here.

I love watching the US elections. I find them so much more interesting than ours. They still argue about issues such as abortion fgs! And whoever wins will have influence in this country obviously.

Having said that, I really would not like to live in the US and have to choose between these slimey people!

BigGitDad Fri 29-Aug-08 22:33:25

2shoes I think who wins will have a very important influence on world affairs in the year to come. Plus a black US president? Who would have thought we'd see that?
I'll be watching with interest.

2shoes Fri 29-Aug-08 22:34:43

I know
but
it isn't even the election proper yet

BigGitDad Fri 29-Aug-08 22:50:46

But then Hilary (a woman) or Obama (Black) what a contest! One also a very heavy political heavyweight with the clinton name and the other a fresh face with more ideals.
I told you I was boring 2shoes, did I tell you I went to University in the US for four months on an exchange programme when I was a student? I'm really very boring me!grin

StayFrosty Fri 29-Aug-08 23:04:48

I think it is really interesting to see the Republican/Fox News propaganda machine at work, the way they fight dirty with personal slurs etc. The 'terrorist fistbump' thing was just totally wtf?? It is all sooo one-sided as well, but it works - no one remembers John Kerry now.

surprise Fri 29-Aug-08 23:55:16

No, you're not being unreasonable. I get so f8888ed off with US elections - who really gives a shit? We don't cover any other world elections so why theres? I was under the illusion that we were part of europe, not the usa, but clearly not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now