Talk

Advanced search

in being irritated that our neighbours rubbish is all over our drive and they can't even be arsed to recycle?

(6 Posts)
kt14 Fri 29-Aug-08 16:44:29

So we live in an area plagued by seagulls, bin day is usually this morning but because of bank holiday it's tomorrow. Everyone up the street (including us!) forgot this, someone in the flats next door have left their flimsy bin bags out all day and now tin cans, nappy bags and God knows what are all over the pavement outside. One of the blokes has just come back and completely ignored the mess. There is no way I am picking up their stinking rubbish but i can't bear to look at it or let DS1 out to play in case he picks up something disgusting.
Plus it riles me that we have a recycling collection every week, special bags are delivered to us, and it couldn't be much easier to do, yet they can't even be arsed to put their bottles, tins etc in the recycling bags. I feel like reporting them to the council but that might be a tad unreasonable. Rant over, feel better now!

noozes247 Fri 29-Aug-08 16:54:07

Report away - think they SHOULD be recycling, the lazy gits!

kt14 Fri 29-Aug-08 17:03:39

They are truly lazy feckers but I don't want to cause neighbourhood unrest. Am itching to clean it up though, esp as we have people coming to stay tonight. Looks a right state and will attract more bastard seagulls if it's just left there!

MaureenMLove Fri 29-Aug-08 17:07:15

I would call the council too. They should be recycling! Sadly though, you will have to put up with the mess tonight, if you aren't willing to clear it up yourself. (I wouldn't either btw!)

Janni Fri 29-Aug-08 17:09:11

I would put my marigolds on, clear it up, then call the council.

kt14 Fri 29-Aug-08 17:17:12

thanks everyone, will definitely report them. May even go and sneakily take a photo as evidence through our bathroom window! Come to think of it I've never seen one single recycling bag outside their flats so God knows how much stuff they just chuck out every week. I don't claim to be the greenest person in the world but recycling really isn't difficult once you get used to doing it. Selfish gits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now