Talk

Advanced search

to think people working at sky and dealing with upgrades should know their current offers...

(8 Posts)
3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 14:02:16

I mean, honest, I just had to take the bloke by the virtual hand to get him to see the offer I am talking about...because he couldn't find it....

I mean, is it unreasobale to expect them to have a clue about their own website and stuff...

it's not even a new offer...it's been there for over one month....

sigh, why can't things ever be easy....

3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 14:09:19

well, turns out that package is just available for "new" customers...

well....feck them than...might just have to consider changing providors.....ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MascaraOHara Fri 29-Aug-08 14:11:10

their customer services id dreaful!! really really bad.. and I tell them so nearly everytime Is peak to them

Dibsie Fri 29-Aug-08 14:12:03

The guy I spoke to couldn't upgrade our sky package as the deal wasn't showing on my records - even though I was holding the letter they sent me offering the upgrade!

3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 14:37:22

argh...
now I admit, it wasn't entirely teh blokes fault, because he obviously just looked on the bit for offers for existing customers...but the offer I wanted was only for new customers....it was the one they been advertising on telly all the time...
hohum...
he then tried to sell me the offer for existing customers which isn't as good...and I said to him, bit unfair to treat new customers better than existing ones, and we have been with them since 2000 and even had to pay to have a new dish installed when we moved into this house, as previous owners were with Virgin.....

things liek this make me angry...I mean, Sky is a huge multibillion company, I would think...it is not gonna hurt them to treat their existing customers well...
also, I mean, when we joined them, there was no sky+ otherwise we probably owuld have chosen it, duh....

3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 14:38:01

Dibsie, that is bad shock

PinkyDinkyDooToo Fri 29-Aug-08 15:46:14

The offer that was in our area recently for free Sky+ was only for new customers. DH said we would cancel sky if we didn't at least get it cheaper, they gave in. Also they have the wrong address for us even though we moved house 2 years ago. Customer Servie is rubbish, but if you threaten to cancel then you can get almost anything

3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 17:06:05

well, I was kinda hoping that the guy would say somehting along the lines: oh I see what we can do for you....
he wasn't falling for it sad

am wondering, because the sky has always been in my name...lets say we cancel it and dh takes it out...that would be illegal...wouldn't it? I suppose it goes per household not person....

I just looked into the other options, and Freeview is not very well developped in this area and Freesat would probably be o.k. but, no channel 5's and I can't cope wihtout those, lol....

sigh....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now