Talk

Advanced search

to be looking forward to my husband and daughter going away on Sunday for a few days??

(3 Posts)
Mumto2littleangels Fri 29-Aug-08 10:35:21

Oh I need it. My son (11 yrs) and daughter (5 years) have done nothing but argue, fight, bicker all holidays. My son has ADHD with autistic traits and is always making silly noises at VERY high volume, swearing (only in front of me), won't go outside, arrrggghhhh.

Anyway, my husband took no time off over the holidays but has got next week off. We were thinking of going to visit his grandfather in Somerset. However, I suggested that it might be nice for him to take our daughter on his own. Quality time and all, and the fact that I need a break before I end up at the funny farm or something having been driven mad by my family.

Am I being unreasonable to be sooooo looking forward to it?

WilyWombat Fri 29-Aug-08 10:39:02

Not at all, much as I love my family I also love time to myself to read, watch girly films, have a chocolate bar to myself hmm, paint my toenails. You will still have your son with you though wont you...I also think its quite nice to have time alone with each child separately.

I would find it far harder to understand if you wanted to be with them all the time grin

LackaDAISYcal Fri 29-Aug-08 10:47:50

YANBU at all grin

DH is taking DS away for a boys fishing weekend leaving me and DD at home. We were originally all going, but the thought of having to keep DD (14mo) entertained while they do the fishing was filling me with dread as she gets really annoyed when she isn't allowed in the water and I get more and more wound up trying to stop her running off.

DS is six, I'm 7mo pregnant and have had ligament problems so we haven't been able to get out and about as much as we'd liked these holidays. He is stir crazy and driving me absolutely bonkers so I am relishing the thought of a couple of days without him.

If only there was a way for them to take DD as well......<wistful sigh>

and I was thinking of starting a thread entitled "AIBU to want to use my maternity tens machine as a cattle prod to keep DS in line" so this is mild in comparison wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now