Talk

Advanced search

in forcing my children to actually watch Star Wars before they play the Lego game?

(25 Posts)
moopdaloop Fri 29-Aug-08 09:14:23

I mean the real star wars - the so-called episode IV one with the robots and the princess with the danish pastries and everything

moopdaloop Fri 29-Aug-08 09:14:40

it's cul-chure innit?

asaddad Fri 29-Aug-08 09:21:10

i think you mean droids rather than robots. perfectly reasonable as it will help them with the game.

moopdaloop Fri 29-Aug-08 09:23:36

geek grin

PeaMcLean Fri 29-Aug-08 09:24:25

DS, 7, who is an expert in such matters, has said no you don't need to see it first. It's obvious. Blue is good and red is bad.you can either be a Jedi Knight or a Sith Lord. He says that all the characters have their names shown.

So if you're 7, then I guess it's fine to just crack on. But then he's rather obsessed and could attempt a Phd. Which means you're probably right, but beware of the consequences!

Personally I'd just eat a real pastry and switch off the film. Very very dull if you ask me.

I don't know, but you did make me lol.

Maybe such things should be compulsory.

You shall not play with things you do not truly understand. grin

PeaMcLean Fri 29-Aug-08 09:26:11

LOL at "geek". See! That's what you're in danger of!

asaddad Fri 29-Aug-08 09:26:25

play with things you do not understand, you should not hmmm!! <yoda voice>

AbbaFan Fri 29-Aug-08 09:32:52

My boys played the game for ages before watching the films.

They are addicted to both now wink

ChukkyPig Fri 29-Aug-08 09:34:50

It is essential that all children see Star Wars as soon as they are old enough. Obvious!

HonoriaGlossop Fri 29-Aug-08 10:00:46

I would think long and hard before you start this off. You could spend the next so many YEARS watching nothing else......

<twitches>

<shambles off>

WideWebWitch Fri 29-Aug-08 10:05:33

My son has been mad about Star Wars for ages. He likes the game because he understands the characters from the film. So I think you should let him see the film first.

serenity Fri 29-Aug-08 10:07:12

These are not the droids you are looking for........<<looks enigmatic>>

All children should watch Star Wars (as it's a good excuse for the grown ups to watch it too) Definitely cultural smile

HonoriaGlossop Fri 29-Aug-08 10:10:16

<This is not the thread you are looking for>

<You can go about your business>

grin

VictorianSqualor Fri 29-Aug-08 10:21:50

No, please do not introduce your children to Star Wars before they leave home.
They may never leave the house again.
On the other hand, it's a good thing for their future GFs as I always know what to get DP for a present.

<<looks round at the lightsaber and the star wars prints>>

SummatAnNowt Fri 29-Aug-08 10:28:34

LMAO!!

Definitely YANBU!

ErnestTheBavarian Fri 29-Aug-08 10:44:56

anothe warning from me. My 3 ds played game before seeing film. totally addicted. then saw films. star wars morning noon & night for months. totally addicted. don't say you've not been warned

HonoriaGlossop Fri 29-Aug-08 10:49:38

<Search your feelings Moop>

<Be mindful of your thoughts, for they betray you>

serenity Fri 29-Aug-08 11:08:37

Bugger. I really need to watch the film now.

TheHedgeWitch Fri 29-Aug-08 11:37:29

Message withdrawn

BlueberryBeret Fri 29-Aug-08 11:40:06

I decided DD should watch high school musical because her friends played it, and she didn't know what it was about (had no interest).

BIG MISTAKE.

Learn from me. Do Not Do It.

They will be fine for a few more years grin

Weegiemum Fri 29-Aug-08 11:43:31

And next - let them watch all the Indiana Jones type films before they play the Indiana Jones Lego game on the PS2

Now we have not bother with ds - he plays the game , he watches the film! And he actually TALKS about it too!

AvenaLife Fri 29-Aug-08 11:54:40

ds told his old head that his religion was 'Jedi' when he was asked in class. This says it all really.

It's far easier to play the game when you have watched the films.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 29-Aug-08 12:15:56

I agree with both watching star wars and Indy before playing the games. Although you can play without doing so the games make more sense and are much funnier if you do....

when dd watched starwars 30 gazillion times we had the added bonus of imaginary R2D2 coming to the States with us and i kept finding notes to Luke all over dds bedroom.
her first crush - aahhhhh

moopdaloop Fri 29-Aug-08 16:54:18

wicked it wasn't about letting them watch it, it was about forcing them to watch it as they were complaining against it

they are now converts grin

mean I am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now