Talk

Advanced search

Another bus thread

(11 Posts)
kitsmummy Fri 29-Aug-08 09:00:22

AIBU in thinking that when I get on a full bus at 8.5 months massively and obviously pregnant that someone should offer me their seat, rather than telling me that there is seating available upstairs. Don't really want to lumber myself upstairs on a moving bus when this pregnant. But heh I suppose at least he told me that rather than ignoring me altogether like all the other seated passengers.

hobnob Fri 29-Aug-08 09:02:20

YANBU

maidamess Fri 29-Aug-08 09:03:26

People can be sooo ignorant.

When I was preggers it was only ever women that gave up their seats (normally older women actually) and men NEVER did. Too embaressed.

JHKE Fri 29-Aug-08 09:34:50

I remember going to London when pregnant with my ds I was only 6 months but looked about 8mths (big baby) and went on the tube a few times.. weird that it was the young blokes that offered their seat for me... no one else did..
So YANBU

AbbaFan Fri 29-Aug-08 09:39:26

YANBU

What is wrong with these selfish people sad

LynetteScavo Fri 29-Aug-08 09:39:27

Take the tube....I was blush by how many people offered me thier seats!

I think it wouldactually be dangerous to go upstairs on a moving bus when heavily pg, adn would have told the bloke so!

Bumdiddley Fri 29-Aug-08 09:41:08

YANBU - I was massive with ds in 2006 (remember that horribly hot summer?)

I was sitting on a bus and a doddery old lady got on. Guess who was the person who stood up to give her their seat hmm

Mumto2littleangels Fri 29-Aug-08 09:49:39

Very rude people on buses and usually the older people around our area I find. Not all of them though, some are nice!!.

ChukkyPig Fri 29-Aug-08 09:49:50

LynetteScavo - I was shock sad angry by how many people offered me a seat on the tube. I wish I had had your experience - I ended up sitting on the floor most days in rush hour.

They have changed the stickers over the seats you have to give up on the tube now to specifically say you must give them up for pregnant women as well as elderly etc. They realised there was a real problem I think.

KVC Fri 29-Aug-08 10:00:17

Message withdrawn

pamelat Fri 29-Aug-08 10:03:34

I went on the tube 8 months pregnant (and looking huge).

Only a young woman (my age ish) asked whether I was ok.

It was packed and no option to sit down at all.

I fainted several times during pregnancy (low blood sugar) and remember feeling very unwell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now