Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that La Redoute should honour the fact that they told me I had won an iPod!!!!!!????

(25 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Aug-08 20:18:49

Got a letter from La Redoute today saying ring in with an order to win an iPod...'so drop everything, pick up the phone and call'.

So I did thinking I would be told they had all gone - but no - the man on the phone said I had won one and to expect it in 7-10 days!

Very happy me....

Then we get a call from them saying ever so sorry comp starts tomorrow (I have found this indicated in small print on back of letter but no date in the large print in main body of letter or leaflet!

They offer me £10 compensationhmm

I am very very very very very pissed off - I never win anything - and I was told I had won. Surely they should honour their mistake - it was a verbal contract or something? Anyone got any suggestions for next steps - other than boycotting La Redoute!??angry

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Aug-08 20:26:16

Please someone tell me I am not unreasonable to be p*ed off!sad

Imnotok Thu 28-Aug-08 20:28:14

YANBU I would be very angry too

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Aug-08 20:38:34

Thank you - I am not the only one btw - I think there are 150 pissed off La Redoute customers out there!

FlightAttendent Thu 28-Aug-08 21:04:56

Oh! Thanks for this thread as I hadn't realised it started tomorrow! I shall be up at midnight ordering then grin

Mind you I bet the phones will be jammed...

I have to be up then to take my antibiotic so will try my luck. I already rang today and was told they had 'run out' of the ipods hmm

C'est bizarre non>

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Aug-08 21:19:16

Oui FA very interesting - I am sitting here swearing randomly like Father Jack - I could cry though.

Strange how they can 'run out' when the competition hadn't started - I am fecking fuming....angry

FlightAttendent Thu 28-Aug-08 21:20:32

Can you stay up? I don't know if many people will bother to ring them at midnight when it looks like the offer will have finished by the time the letter arrives iyswim.

I didn't for a minute expect there to be any left.

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Aug-08 21:38:20

I suppose i could but I want them to honour the fact they had already said I had won one - so really don't know where I stand - they should blody well shell out for another 150 iPods!

Gah....

FlightAttendent Fri 29-Aug-08 08:57:19

I'm a bit thick aren't I!

I waited till midnight, rang up and got the answering maching blush

They open at 8 of course...

Held for 15 minutes, my phone cut off, another 20 minutes and got through only to be told that nobosdy will know till the end of the day if they won or not. I highly doubt I won though. I mean they must take 150 calls within 10 minutes of opening surely. sad

never mind...it was all nice stuff anyway and you get a discount if you don't win the ipod.

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 29-Aug-08 12:09:27

Never mind FA - I think they are hedging their bets while sorting the mess with all the other 'winners'hmm - you may still be in with a chance.

You are not stoopid - they are for not making the comp rules clearer.

FlightAttendent Fri 29-Aug-08 13:12:47

Aw thankyou smile

Nobody ever says that grin

I just fooled additions into a £30 discount by pretending to be a new customer when all I have done is move house. So that kinda makes up for it...I hate additions but wanted a coat!! <disclaimer> I spent more than £30.

joandcliff Fri 29-Aug-08 15:18:47

i also got told i had won a ipod, i even called after they had told me and pointed out the promotion wasn't mean't to start till the next day, and they told me that it had started early and i had won, i had no offer of comp, i called this morning, tried the order line on hold over one hour, then did the help line and got straight through, had a row and is with the legal department, they said they think they are just cancelling the whole thing. i have registrared a complaint on watchdog.com and if we all do that they may help us. will keep informed of what happens next, goodluck hope we all get our ipods.

FlightAttendent Fri 29-Aug-08 15:22:19

Ah. sad

Poor La Redoute and poor you! They try so blooming hard and often get it wrong!

This was bound to end up going tits up really. Will let you know if I do get a call later but seriously doubt it!!

I didn't really need an ipod anyway - I wouldn't know how to use it - but had to try iyswim. smile

Any excuse for a bit of shopping!!

TsarChasm Fri 29-Aug-08 15:22:39

YANBU hmm I might have known it sounded too good to be true, when I read about it.

Still I might still go in for it just to get the £10 off. Clever way to reel you in though. They don't miss a trick do they?hmm

FlightAttendent Fri 29-Aug-08 15:25:32

They've never done this before. Usually you get some crappy pvc make up bag set or a really vile scarf or something..

I feel sorry for them! They do good discounts though, those are more sensible really.Usually customer service very good. I have been shopping with them for around 10 years or more. I still use their freephone number which they never publicise these days!! wink

except this morning when I used the official number in case it mattered.

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 29-Aug-08 15:31:05

joandcliff shock Can I CAT you about this? United we stand and all that.... so sorry you have had the same experience.

I feel sorry for the La Redoute staff who are having to deal with the fallout - but the company has an obligation to deal with us fairly.

FlightAttendent Fri 29-Aug-08 15:35:17

I expect they will try and sort it out as fairly as possible. I hope you manage to get your ipods but I wouldn't stress it too much.

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 29-Aug-08 15:42:52

FA I am cool calm and collectedwink

Anyway it takes my mind of the thought of giving birth again in a few weeksgrin

TsarChasm Fri 29-Aug-08 16:07:40

I used to think all the freebies and discounts were quite good until my mum pointed out that if they were able to do that so much they must be overcharging in the first place. Makes you think.

I must say though there are some quite nice things in the winter book this time.

FlightAttendent Fri 29-Aug-08 18:19:55

Yes! I'm sure they overcharge grin

I rarely if ever buy anything full price from them, though...wait till sale etc usually. Only I have started to get stuff that really fits and will be worn, and less of it iyswim - so if I see something I know will be good and very wearable/useful, I'll get it full price (using discount!) and just wear it, rather than wait till sale and get something not as useful because it's reduced.

False economy and all that! I have loads of sale stuff I've never worn...

GreenTeaIceCream Fri 29-Aug-08 18:47:09

OMG i'm so glad i found this forum and topic!
I had exactly the same experience with La Redoute!!! I ordered first thing when i received the leaflet and they just phones up this evening saying I haven't won "really" coz its not suppose to start today apparently! I'M SO ANGRY!!! internal problem they say...this is wrong.

and what is £10 compensation compared to an 80gb iPOD!?

RobinMe Fri 29-Aug-08 23:02:24

Yeah, and me!! Was told I had won one when I ordered yesterday and then I was rung this evening and told no!!
Very, very bad customer service - £10 is no compensation!
Came straight off the phone and wrote a snottagram to the MD. I did point out that the right thing to have done would be to apologise and then send me an iPod anyway. Doubt it'll have any effect though

joandcliff Mon 01-Sep-08 01:55:41

la redoute still offering £10, but no charge on the things ordered as well so getting slightly better, they are a good company but they did get this very wrong and should honour there verbal agrrements

galaxia Tue 02-Sep-08 10:13:35

I phoned up as soon as I could get an order together after opening the letter telling me to 'call now' to claim an iPod and I couldn't believe it when I was told I had won, really happy,grin, now feeling angry as I hardly ever get the free gift that I'm offered and instead some rubbish alternative.
I agree that £10 is no compensation for an iPOd woth £160. Will be filing a complaint with Watchdog aswell. The T&C's could have been made clearer, if even just the start date.

bigmouthstrikesagain Sun 07-Sep-08 23:45:45

Just to update - I received my order a couple of days ago with the free iPod listed as part of the contents - not bloody there thoughhmm

I have been offered £50 comp - but that was on the phone - till I see it in writing...?

Still fed up - but moving on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now