Talk

Advanced search

and a teensy bit emotional? Today as I sat feeding ds on a bench outside the hospital...........

(15 Posts)
hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 18:05:53

Message withdrawn

RhinestoneCowgirl Thu 28-Aug-08 18:07:51

I wouldn't have asked them to move but I would ahve inwardly seethed too - yes and I know that they can smoke outside blah blah, just know what you mean.

FAQ Thu 28-Aug-08 18:08:56

I'm a smoker (I know terrible habit, blah blah blah) - but I would have asked them to move......(and wouldn't be offended if I'd inadvertently lit up without realising a child/baby is in close range and someone asked me to move)

ScaredOfEverything Thu 28-Aug-08 18:09:44

Hi Hatrick, when you were there first, they were astonishingly inconsiderate. Im not sure Id have been brave enough to say anything though - if they were brazen enough to spark up over a baby in the first place they were unlikely to take it well I suppose!

I might have taken the cowards root and made a comment when i was ready to leave mind you!

Eddas Thu 28-Aug-08 18:09:56

i would've asked them to move. Politely, but you could hardly move. Some people just don't think

lalalonglegs Thu 28-Aug-08 18:10:12

I think if you're going to smoke in the grounds of a hospital then you are probably pretty innured to the health implications. Asking them to stop would have, at best, got rolled eyes and a vague hand waving away of the smoke.

Sorry to hear that you had stressful scan.

scottishmummy Thu 28-Aug-08 18:11:31

avoided confrontation moved away,quietly seething.,too scardey to say anything.priority is ds keeping smoke off him

congratulations on your ds

VictorianSqualor Thu 28-Aug-08 18:13:19

I had this at a bus stop with my brand spanking new ds2 and didn't say anything.

Thankfully DD said 'Muuuuuuuuuuuuuum, that woman is smoking near Alex!!!!!!!!!!!' The woman did a double take apologised and moved, so in future if I couldn't move I would ask.

Shoegazer Thu 28-Aug-08 18:14:31

Doesn't the NHS have a smoking ban on hospital grounds? So they shouldn't have been smoking there at all they should have gone outside of the entire hospital grounds.so YANBU.

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 18:14:41

Message withdrawn

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 18:16:45

Message withdrawn

VictorianSqualor Thu 28-Aug-08 18:18:38

Teach the elder dcs hatrick, smoking, pushing in queues, swearing, anything you don't like in public then when they tell you sigh and say 'I know darling'grin

scottishmummy Thu 28-Aug-08 18:19:38

most trusts yes smoking banned in grounds,but logistically unenforceable and always breached

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 18:23:36

Message withdrawn

hatrick Thu 28-Aug-08 18:23:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now