Talk

Advanced search

To out this man???

(10 Posts)
CissyCharlton Wed 27-Aug-08 22:47:15

Not in the way you may be thinking of course.

DS1, mad keen sportsman was due to attend a course at a well known sports club on Friday. It was going to be the highlight of his holiday, you know the drill.

Get a phone at 4.30 tonight whereby I'm told in the most casual of fashions that there hasn't been enough uptake for the course and it was therefore cancelled. Community manager at **** Club, you are a tosser and you made my son cry.

NoMoreOlympics Wed 27-Aug-08 22:57:50

Am I missing something here?

How is it the community managers fault there wasn't enough uptake? Blame it on all the other parents lethargy/lack of interest, surely?

Alambil Thu 28-Aug-08 00:48:06

eh? so this manager lays on a course, that for some reason isn't taken up widely - and you hold HIM accountable?

That's odd; surely there is a reason; wrong week of holidays, too expensive, location etc and on .... not his fault it wasn't taken up really, is it?! (unless it was stupidly expensive and therefore out of reach of a lot of kids in this climate)

suedonim Thu 28-Aug-08 01:02:39

All courses in my area come with a proviso that there has to be enough numbers to run it, it's just common sense. So, YABU.

LynetteScavo Thu 28-Aug-08 01:10:37

What sport was it? What club was it?
Ws it just a day course?

AvenaLife Thu 28-Aug-08 01:12:14

ds wanted to do tai kwando over the summer in the local leisure centre only no one else did so they cancelled all the classes. It's the parents that need to take their children, not the staff who are to blame.

Poor ds. Could you phone them and ask if he can watch something that he likes?

thumbwitch Thu 28-Aug-08 01:17:26

for your Ds but agree that it wasn't the manager blokes fault, it was all the people who didn't sign up for it, whether it was too expensive, the wrong week or just that they are lazy feckers

CissyCharlton Thu 28-Aug-08 01:17:29

I think you're probably right. I'm just gutted for DS1 and disappointed in the lack of notice. They could have given me some warning it may be called off. I'm also disappointed in the lack of apology. They didn't seem to appreciate that plans had been made around DS1 doing the course.

I've also an inkling that not enough was done to advertise the course. It wasn't particularly expensive and was a great opportunity for kids interested in the sport. We really had to dig to find it.

Having said that, I'm probably being harsh. But that's because I'm pissed off.

S1ur Thu 28-Aug-08 01:20:17

YEs crap for your ds.

Not manager's fault, possibly organiser's fault through bad advertising.

So bugger. How can you make it up to him? (ds) what was sport and area?

CissyCharlton Thu 28-Aug-08 01:21:17

Rugby in North West area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now