Talk

Advanced search

to want to hurt the ice cream man?

(16 Posts)
KVC Wed 27-Aug-08 19:32:26

Message withdrawn

hecate Wed 27-Aug-08 19:35:10

Write a letter of complaint. If this is something he's already been in trouble for, I'm sure they'll be on him.

KVC Wed 27-Aug-08 19:38:42

Message withdrawn

hecate Wed 27-Aug-08 19:41:26

Get together with all your neighbours and agree to NEVER buy from him after such and such a time, and then tell him that he'd be wasting his time because you've all agreed to boycott him??

findtheriver Wed 27-Aug-08 20:00:28

What time does he come round selling icecreams then?? Most sane ice cream sellers aren't going to be trading after kids' bedtimes

findtheriver Wed 27-Aug-08 20:00:49

What time does he come round selling icecreams then?? Most sane ice cream sellers aren't going to be trading after kids' bedtimes

KVC Wed 27-Aug-08 21:35:49

Message withdrawn

Flossish Wed 27-Aug-08 21:41:26

OK just some other points of view...

What if you were that kid who had tidied up their room that day for the promise of an ice cream but didn't know the van was there cause there was no music?

If like most other people ice cream man is struggling to make a living he needs to play his music to promote his product...

7.30 - 8.30 might be late for little uns, but what about 8/9yr olds?

TBH the noise of an ice cream van wouldn't disturb my DC but I don't know what your household set up is.

KVC Thu 28-Aug-08 07:56:28

Message withdrawn

giraffescantdancethetango Thu 28-Aug-08 10:05:25

Icecream van here comes round at about half9-10. It either plays the tune or even worse does a LOUD whistle at least ten times. It is so rediculasly loud.It always has about 10 people out to it so no chance of it stopping.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 28-Aug-08 10:15:33

Message withdrawn

wotulookinat Thu 28-Aug-08 10:24:59

Our comes into our road at 8pm. He can be heard driving around the estate between 7 and 8.30 and his music is sooooooo loud.
DH even asked if he could come to our road earlier as then we would buy from him before DS goes to bed, but no such luck.
I didn't know you could complain about it though.

Pinkjenny Thu 28-Aug-08 10:26:25

Its better than me wanting to hurt the kids next door, who decide to go and play in the garden, and make as much noise as is humanly possible, just as I have taken dd into her bedroom every single night.

wotulookinat Thu 28-Aug-08 10:31:49

God neighbours can be so annoying, and the worst thing is that they don't realise it!
My neighbour was firing an air rifle into his garden from his bedroom window yesterday as DS was trying to sleep. One of my dogs was cowering inside under a table as he is scared of fireworks and they sounded the same.
In the end I went outside and shouted and it stopped. Nob ends.

Sherbert37 Thu 28-Aug-08 10:34:05

My DD is 13 but still says 'bedtime' when she hears an ice cream van. It used to play nearby when she was going to bed and she thought the music was for her. Didn't know it was related to ice cream at all.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 28-Aug-08 15:32:29

In my family everyone tells the children that the ice cream van only plays music when it's run out of ice cream. It seems to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now