Talk

Advanced search

to leave my house in quite a state...........

(7 Posts)
FAQ Wed 27-Aug-08 13:10:27

I'm suppose to be leaving here in about 50 minutes to go for a "sleepover" at DP's house with the DS's.

My house is in quite a state - I have 2 immaculate kitchen worktops - a kitchen floor that I would rather pretend isn't there blush, I've put a load of washing on the line - it can stay there until it dries and all my dishes are done.

The lounge is a mess as well - do I spent the next 50 minutes racing round like an idiot trying to make sure we've got what we need for our overnight stay and tidying up, or do I just stuff the lot of it and sort it out tomorrow evening (we're coming back here in the morning, but have stuff planned out of the house during the day).....

I want to just leave it.........

BandofMothers Wed 27-Aug-08 13:12:50

Who will see it??? LEave it and sort it later.
Though checking to make sure you have everything you need would be a good ideagrin

TheCrackFox Wed 27-Aug-08 13:13:14

Just go out. Never let the housework get in the way of actually having a life.

slavemum Wed 27-Aug-08 13:14:18

GO!!
The fairies will tidy while you're out!

FAQ Wed 27-Aug-08 13:14:33

No-one will see - as no-one else has a key and it's just me and the DS's here.

I'm just so used to not going away for the night and leaving the house a mess that it somehow feels wrong blush

psychomum5 Wed 27-Aug-08 13:21:56

as long as the toilets are clean and you can get to the kettle and fridge upon return, then leave the rest. tis only for a night....

for a week I would suggest leave later and clean (as that is what I doblush), but not for one night.

go, have fun

FAQ Wed 27-Aug-08 13:23:05

yes can get to kettle and fridge grin

Cant' leave later as DP has promised DS1 and 2 a few hours on his Xbox360 and they'll never forgive me if they don't get that time lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now